What's new

Yamaha RX-V367 - reverts back to standard (1 Viewer)

chris777

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
So I try and keep my audio preset on "5ch". Every once in awhile, it is set at standard, and I can tell because the rear speakers are hardly used(even tho they show in the diagram of this preset). I am wondering if anyone knows why this keeps happening, and what I can do to fix it. I can't seem to pinpoint when it happens, it appears random. I've had issue with speaker wire(I have a 2yr old that pulls my speakers sometimes), and that has caused it to turn off with the error "Check sp wires". It's not doing that anymore, just reverting to "standard" every once in awhile. Annoying.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Wow, I feel for you. My Harman Kardon AVR7000 used to do that, would always revert to stereo and stay there regardless of signal. It was a glitch in that model but I can definitely feel your pain. I would do a factory reset (not positive the procedure, google it), recalibrate and keep the kid away from your speaker wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks