What's new

Yamaha RX-V1300 / 2300 (1 Viewer)

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
I was just at their web site and saw these new units... isn't it a little soon after the 1200/2200 release? Are we seeing lines revamped every eight months now? Crazy.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I didn't want to believe this, but here's one measure:
S&V reviewed the 1200 in Jan 2002.
S&V reviewed the predecessor model, the 1000, March 2001.
I wonder when a review of the 1300 will show up? ;) A month or 2 I bet. *Somewhere*...

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
I can't believe that people are caling this "crazy" ...isn't this just what everyone here has been dreaming of? Any new feature or two and make a new rcvr!
Add a processing mode tommorrow and have a new pre-amp out next week! The reason Denon and Yammie are droping prices on some of their current units now is because of the cool new features the new one's will have at lower price points!
.....Just like computers , of course they are ahead of the smaller companies making pre-pros so unfortunately there is a small percentage of their units that will be used as pre-pros due to the "upgradeitis" of plaging those few that can't wait for the smaller companies that make new pre-pros (or update their upgradeable one's).Yam and Denon are responding to the market!....I just wish that they would build these same units in pre-pro versions and put the money spent on amps into something approaching a good pre-out stage!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Matt- I do agree. Maybe 2 months ago I got into heavy duty research mode looking at the Denon 3802 and the Yammie 1200 because I was getting anxious waiting for the 950. But gosh dern it, I want bass management on the 5.1 analog inputs! Maybe (some of) the newer models will have this...

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
Weve got the 1300 on display now .... nice looking unit
and better price point than the 1200/899 the 1300/799

more power 100 watts per channel ..... dual zone .... input knob instead of input buttons .... all surround formats
24/192 as oppossed to the 1200's 24/96 ... different amplifier design ..... supposedly better components within chassis (as per northwest yamaha rep) id get this over the 2200 even ... same price point now ..... 799 for both

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks