What's new

YAMAHA RX-A730 7.2-Ch x 90 Watts Networking A/V Receiver + Power Amp (1 Viewer)

sham

Auditioning
Real Name
Shashi
Hello,

I have a "YAMAHA RX-A730 7.2-Ch x 90 Watts Networking A/V Receiver" and i want to add a power amplifier to that. Can you please suggest if its possible to add a power amplifier. I have "Marantz MM7055" in mind as i got a 5.2 channel setup at my home. If its possible, can you suggest me some power amplifiers.

My speakers are not big ones, but they sound good.
Speakers:
ES-500-IWLCR-4, Episode® 500 Series In-Wall LCR Speaker with Dual 4 in. Woofers (Front Right & Left), ES-300-OWLCR-L-BLK Episode® 300 Series Large On-Wall LCR Speaker with 3 in.Woofers (Center), ES-500-ICSURR-6 Episode® 500 Series In-Ceiling Surround Speakers with 6-1/2 in.Woofers (Back Left and Right).

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
You cannot add an external power amplifier for the main channels of that receiver.

External amplifiers require line-level outputs or "pre-outs" for each channel to be amplified. That receiver only has pre-outs for the subwoofer channel.

Entry and most mid-level AVRs are not likely to have a full set of pre-outs. You typically need to step up a few notches to find that feature.

I'm not too familiar with the Yamaha lineup, but a quick search found this under $1k receiver (RX-V781) that does have full 7.2 preouts. I have no idea if Yamaha has other cheaper offerings with full pre-outs or not.

sham

Auditioning
Real Name
Shashi
Thanks Jason. You have given me a perfect solution. I will look for some receivers that has "pre-outs" or line-level outputs.

Pardon my dumbness.. I never sold or traded and if i want to trade in or sell my existing receiver, can you suggest me any places.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Can't really offer any options other than the usual suspects like Craigslist, eBay, and local classified ads.

In the US you also have sites like Audiogon and USAudioMart (I only found that today from a google search). Canada has kijiji... but I don't have any personal experience with any of these sites. Honestly, what used electronics I've ever had to get rid of have either been donated, recycled, or offered for free to a friend.

Also, don't pin your hopes on getting much of a return on your investment. Electronics become outdated so fast these days, there is little value to be found for anything much over a few years in age.

sham

Auditioning
Real Name
Shashi
Wow, these sites are good. Thanks for sharing the info, Jason. I will look into these.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks