What's new

Yamaha DSP A1 - no sound on main speakers with surround hooked up? (1 Viewer)

BooGTS

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Not quite the same issue as the other DSP owner. I can get my two main speakers to work 100% if I unhook everything else. Adding the center and rear surrounds make them go dead. I have 8ohm speakers all around and have the rear switch set to support this. Sub will work either way. I have the jumpers in correctly. Tried everything I can in setup. Any ideas'? Also, when doing the speaker test with everything hooked up, it will cycle through and there will be nothing coming from the front main speakers.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I may have to go back and check ... I think I bought a Service Manual when I got mine, and I sort of had the impression that the five primary amplifiers were all independent sections; the only ones really "ganged" were the two front effect channels. But then again, I don't trust my memory much more... Leo

jrockvideo

Auditioning
Real Name
John Rock
Hi, I have a RX-596 and get no test tones from the mains. already tried A and B. I only get sound from the surrounds and the center but if I turn off "Effects" then nothing. The switch is set for 8ohm in the back. I tried connecting the L and R speakers into the center and surrounds and sound comes thru so that rules out the speakers. I want to try a hard reset but not sure how to do this. Sorry if this is considered a hijack.

jrockvideo

Auditioning
Real Name
John Rock
My receiver has a pre-out for the main speakers so I connected an external amp and still no sound. Downloaded the service manual and did a factory reset but no luck. Not sure what else to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks