What's new

Yahoo Chat (1 Viewer)

Brian Sharp

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Sharp
"Yahoo Chat" has appeared on my Yahoo mail inbox homepage. Takes up about 1" of space and displaces all my folders. I don't want it but I don't know how to be rid of it. I have looked in "Add/ Remove programmes" but can see nothing there. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have a yahoo account but didn't see anything. Check the options if any.

If it is in a separate Frame, you can try AdBlock (firefox app) and see if you can block the frame....

Jay

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Could it possibly be a Yahoo Toolbar?

Companies like Yahoo & AOL love to install unwanted toolbars on your browser without your permission.

If so, depending on the version of Internet Explorer that you're running, click on the Tools Icon at the top of your screen. Then select Toolbars, then uncheck any listed toolbar that you don't like.

Another Jay

Brian Sharp

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Sharp
Thanks. I should have clarified. I am using Firefox 3. The chat window appears along with my along folders and it is (on my 22" screen) about 2 inches wide by 1 inch high. Cannot see anything in options that will clear it but trying to configure AdBlock at the moment.
It appears half way down my list of folders and is just a nuisance.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Another thing to try if AdBlock doesn't work is NoScript, it's somewhat similar in scope to AdBlock but is more thorough and a bit more complex, it not only blocks static images, it blocks Javascript, Macromedia Flash, and other things, it might be able to block that chat thing. I do like the suggestion from Jay Taylor about doing a spyware search just in case it's some toolbar thing.

I don't see it in my Yahoo email account though I am running NoScript, AdBlock, Flashblock (a very small app just for Macromedia flash) on Firefox 3 too.

Jay

amidcars

Grip
Real Name
Nick Thompson
I think you can use a yahoo classic for this. as to what i can understand is this is only your concern to take away yahoo chat console from yahoo inbox..
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks