What's new

Yahaha A/V receiver (1 Viewer)

Gunny

Auditioning
Hi Gang..new here.

I have this Yamaha A/V receiver. Its a HTR 5460, and I cannot get any sound out of it. It has worked flawlesly for me. So today I was fooling around with it trying to get a little more bass out of the sub-woofer, and all of a sudden I could not get any sound from the TV. So I switched to the DVD player, and there was sound. So I switched back and pushed a few more buttons and now I don't have any sound from the TV or the DVD player.

Is there a way of reseting the remote/receiver, and turning off the tape monitor, I remember that from a previous receiver I had. I understand if the tape monitor is turned on it will kill the sound. When I do the test there is sound from all the speakers. I have both fronts, sub-woofer, center, and two surround speakers. I can explain in more detail if nec. The receiver is connected to the TV using s-video cable.

Thanx and take care.......Gunny

Gunny

Auditioning
Hi Gang

I cant believe with 30 hits on this posting, and no suggestions, not a one. That is hard to believe. I was beginning to think the Instant e-mail notification was not working. So I had to go to the site to be sure.

Is every one afraid to suggest some thing or what. It cant be because no one is experienced enough to give one, or no one ever having had this problem.

Well any way I received the answer to this problem. Straight from the horses mouth, (Yamaha) You have to reset the receiver. There is a set of instructions how to do this if you ask for it. I did the procedure right then with him on the phone, and it worked. It takes it back to the factory settings. There is no resetting the remote just the receiver. I don't know if this only goes with HTR or the 5460 series.

Thanx and take care.......Gunny

Gunny

Auditioning
Hi Justin

Ya I know what you are saying but out of 30 people not even a suggestion, not nec a solution. I mean when you read some of these posts asking for help don't some sort of a suggestion come to mind, even the simplest one. Like have you got the mutes turned off, etc. Or look at this post it might help, or have you checked with Yamaha support, nothing that is hard to believe. See what I mean. True these are some things that normally you would think of your self, but still. If I click on a post here asking for help, I usually see what they have been told, and see if I can add any thing, even the simplest thing. Some times the simplest thing is what is over looked. Oh well it is fixed.

Thanx and take care........Gunny

EdKBecker

Grip
I feel your pain. I"m trying to find out if all Yamaha RX-V3800s incorrectly display 7.1 speakers on the front display for 5.1 DTS-HD Master sound tracks, and not a peep.

I got an equivocal answer from Yamaha, but I'd like to know for sure.

Gunny

Auditioning
Hi Ed

I will reply to you....:) Sorry I don't know the answer to your problem, I assume you have looked though the manual. Do you have their 800#. 1-800-292-2982. I e-mailed them and they told me to call the 800# so they could answer me better. Sounded like they was right here in the USA too. I understood every word he said. It might be better to talk to then direct in case there is some thing they need you to reset on your receiver.

Well lots of luck........Gunny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks