What's new

xXx: Uncensored Unrated Director's Cut 4-19 (1 Viewer)

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor

Often Hollywood players like Diesel have contracts that say they must star in so many movies for the studio and they don't get any say in what movies they make. The only veto power they have is they can ask any amount of money. So, rather than being able to say "no" to xXx 2, Diesel would only have to say something like, "Sure, I'll do it... for twenty million dollars."

A line like that can end a lot of negotiations, and the studio can walk away from that deal saying, "He won't be starring in it because he's a pr*ck asking insane quantities of money," while Diesel's side of the story remains: "Because the script sucked."

Same answer, different spins.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor

Doug I saw a preview for this on T.V. amd was like "wth is he thinking???" That movie will be a joke with him in it.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Why, Vin, why?!

Meanwhile, we get Ice Cube in xXx 2 while Vin stars in the Pacifier. Vin, you're weird. I hope Universal does a sequel to Chronicles of Riddick quick to get Vin in a movie I want to watch with Vin in it. I wonder what scenes are in the unrated cut (maybe the deleted scenes from the first xXx DVD).

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Hey, Vin Diesel created Tigon Studios and created one of the best games of 2004. OK, so he didnt necessarily create it...but he did star in it!

And Id love a Kindergarden Cop 2. :D

Sean*O

Second Unit
I remember seeing Vin on Late Late show a while (years) back and he was saying he walked away from a ~$25 million offer to do Fast & Furious 2 because he wanted to broaden his acting horizons, or do other things. He said his dad thought he was a bit crazy for doing that.

I think his dad may have been right. If he did Fast & Furious 2 it would have had a different (possibly better) script, and his career probably would have been in better shape. Plus he would be $25 million richer.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Speak for yourself. Bought the movie once, won't be buying it again. Same goes for any movie. They only double and triple dip because they know SUCKERS will buy them.

Sorry, but the truth hurts.

Studios only double and triple dip discs for which they believe there is still a market, and if people *choose* to buy a new version of a disc because it might have better a/v or some bonus content they would like to own, that doesn't make them "suckers", people have every right to spend their money however they wish.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Yep,
I own the original Raging Bull back from 1997.
I didn't feel like a sucker when I bought the newly remastered 2 disc SE yesterday. Same with Goodfellas.
You can call me a sucker again when I pick up BladeRunner SE (whenever that gets released).

Doug

AnitaPeterson

Stunt Coordinator
I have a serious question, don't take it as thread-crapping:

What is to like about this film? I thought it was one of the worst pieces of celulloid I've ever seen, and I thought this thread will make fun of "yet another DVD edition of a crappy movie, while more deserving films are on the backburner". Yet, I see so many people say they have it on DVD. Seriously... why? Is there some redeeming quality to this movie which has somehow escaped me?

Vin Diesel and J-C. van Damme have a similar career path and a similar acting registry - from bad to horrible... so where does all this interest come from?

...like I said: no offense, I'm really curious.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
None taken: must be the genetic male pre-disposition to like mindlessly watching stuff blow up :)

Beau

Supporting Actor
I loved the first movie and have the DVD. Some people say "what's to like about this movie?" I say: what's NOT to like about this movie?:p:)Not going to buy any new DVD of it, the first WS one is good enough for me. Not looking too forward to the sequel, but I'll see it for Willem Dafoe.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Simple answer: guys like to see s**t get blown up and a lot of s**t gets blown up in this flick. Plus, there are cool cars, hot chicks and Samuel L. Jackson is in it. That's enough for me.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
It's not like xXx is some great film on par with Citizen Kane or something, it's a really fun mindless summer action movie. Stuff gets blown up, the hero cracks one liners, he drives a cool car, there's cool locations, cool music; it's fun!

As for the second one, I can't wait. I don't know why everyone is crapping on it already. Ice Cube is always fun to watch, and while it could be aweful, it's not like it's going to be Resident Evil 2 bad or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.