What's new

XM Satellite to debut two portable players (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

XM Satellite to debut two portable players

NEW YORK (Reuters) - XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq:XMSR - news) said it plans to debut on Wednesday a pair of portable, hand held radio receivers that will also store your own digital songs.
ADVERTISEMENT
[0]

The two devices, called the Helix and the Inno, and manufactured by Samsung Electronics (005930.KS) and Pioneer Electronics respectively, will store and play MP3 files and those encoded using Windows Media software.

Both will sell for $399.99 in the first quarter of this year.

XM, the top U.S. satellite operator, aims to expand its product line amid competition among technology companies including Apple Computer Inc. (Nasdaq:AAPL - news), Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq:MSFT - news) and Motorola Inc. (NYSE:MOT - news) to provide more portable media.

Cellphone manufacturer Motorola on Tuesday said it planned to launch a subscription radio service, called iRadio, that will offer over 400 channels including some commercial free music and talk shows from radio company Clear Channel Communications Inc. (NYSE:CCU - news) this year.

XM's two players, part of its XM2Go line, will let users bookmark songs that can be purchased online from its joint venture service with
Napster.

Pioneer Electronics USA is a division of Pioneer Corp. (6773.T

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060104/...xmsatellite_dc

Al_S

Second Unit
Oh sure, after I buy the MyFi.:D

The MyFi was much cheaper though. I'm using it on my train ride to and from work and it works pretty well. Not the best fidelity but tolerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks