What's new

XM or Sirius, help me out Ron! (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Well, if that is going to be true, then satellite radio won't be in my future.

While XM has faults, Sirius has some more serious (no pun intended) ones.

Jason

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jason,

You must realize that this was an individual's
opinion, which I would gather is based upon the
management concept over at Sirius.

It doesn't mean that this is fact.

In other words, XM hasn't shown any signs of
cutting back on its playlists. In fact, on
the channel I listen to they are playing more
obscurities these days than standard hits.

You should consider satellite radio.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I've always very much enjoyed the mixture of hits and obscure songs played by XM, and I seriously doubt that I would enjoy the Sirius approach of playing and replaying nothing but big hits. I've never been able to decide which I like better: hearing a favorite song I haven't heard for years or hearing a song I've never heard before. I've heard many wonderful songs which were never hits, and the experience just wouldn't be as enjoyable if only familiar hits were played. The more I read about how repetitive Sirius is compared to XM, the more I know I made the right decision by going with XM.

Steve K.

Sean*O

Second Unit
Thanks for elaborating more on that, everyone.

I guess I just took what I had been reading about the quality of XM the wrong way.

I think I will stay away from Sirius. I absolutely hate the marketing tool known as radio. I can't stand the constant commercials and the same 50 songs from 5 decades being played day in and day out per the programming (a.k.a. Marketing) director's instruction.

It feels blatently like I would be paying money to be marketed to with Sirius, and I don't like that.

I am sure that record labels or other interested parties are paying them more money to promote and sell their music than they are paying XM for the same thing, because their music gets so much more airtime and exclusivity on Sirius.

And I am going to pay for this?? Nahh, I will pass on Sirius and look into XM.

Thanks for the heads up guys. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks