What's new

XM Online problems (1 Viewer)

Charlie-W

Grip
Since XM will be offering XM Online to everyone atarting Saturday, I thought I would try it out before hand. I signed up for the free 3-day trial this morning and opened up the player, but it's been 2 hours and I still can't get any streams to play.

How are they going to make this work when ALL the subscribers try and access it? For this they raised the monthly rate?

-Charlie

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
Charlie, I did the 3-day trial a while back - with no problem. I have since subscribed and have not been able to get the online version to play. It launches the player, but no music. :angry: Have you had any success?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've had no problem getting on to XM Online, but it drops out often.

I think XM has a lot of work to do...

Jason

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Right now, XM is offering two completely different stream sets.. one for AOL users and one just across the internet. The one exclusive to AOL subscribers is a much higher bitrate - something they advertised when they signed the agreement. Keeping two different streams active can be a trick, I'm assuming this will be worked out, but may take a bit of "playing around with"

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I stumbled onto this the other day. In the lower right hand corner of the on line player, there is a settings button. If you click on it, you can select low or high bandwidth. Mine was set to low bandwidth so I changed to high. I'm only using my computer speakers here at work so I can't say if it sounds a lot better. I don't get many dropouts though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks