What's new

XM Makes it's two big announcements: Kornheiser & Dr. Laura XM Exclusives (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yes and No.

I called around, Kornheiser -is- an exclusive and will appear only on an XM Radio sports show which he will host.

Dr. Laura is not exclusive to XM, and will still appear on terrestrial radio and "possibly elsewhere" dependant on interest. However, apparently, SIRIUS has thus far seemed un-interested, as was noted by their OutQ hosts today.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
This makes sense. Sirius got its neurotic looney in Howard Stern and so XM Radio needed its OWN neurotic looney in Dr. Laura.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Well, the article mention that XM was going to be the only national outlet for Tony, but is he still going to do the local show he's been doing since he was let off the hook by ESPN Radio?

Nice to hear Tony comming to XM. Makes sense since they are both out of DC. Now there's some talk radio I can listen to. :D

Jason

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Kornheiser will continue to do his DC show, which he is committed to through 2006.

BrianAe

Second Unit
I like PTI but his radio show is very different and IMO not very good.

All these announcments at CES only go on to prove that competition is good!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
G Gordon Liddy is also coming to XM. I've read his contract ran out with his current syndicator, but I'm unsure if this means an XM-only show or if XM is just simulcasting a new syndicated show.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Actually, I think his radio show is better than PTI and that's not saying PTI is a bad show. I like Kornheiser probably because his act clicks with me while I can see why others would have difficulty appreciating him.

Crawdaddy

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Depends. Everytime I listen to Dr. Laura, I always wonder how irrational the callers are to not have figured out the answer to obvious problems..

"I'm engaged, and my parents gave us a wedding gift of $10k for a down payment on our house.. my fiance says he spent it on bills and things without telling me and can't account for it.. will this work?"

DUH!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks