XM - Decades 90s playlist include alt/rock/grunge?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by DaveF, Mar 3, 2004.

1. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I'm nearing the end of my XM trial period (with my new car) and I'm wondering if the 90s channel has a broader playlist than I heard from my scattered listenings. All I ever hear are pop-rock songs, primarily female artists. Very little of the music that I expect from a 90's station.

I was expecting music from the alt-rock and grunge period, such as: Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Blink 182, Smashing Pumpkins, REM, etc.

Does the 90s channel play much besides the more soft and pop-rock music I catch in the evenings?

Thanks. [​IMG]

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Not really. That stuff is more likely to be found on Lucy or Ethel. Lucy is probably what you're looking for (channel 54).

3. Ziggy Szymczyk

DaveF, definately check out the ROCK channels for the stuff you are looking for. Also, if you go to xm411.com, there is a link under the PROGRAMMING & SPECIAL EVENTS forum that allows you to search the database of XM's music library (played in the last 6 months) that will giive you a better ide of which channels you can hear your favorite artists on.

4. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Thanks for the recommendations. I've not had time to study the channel listings. I also wouldn't have guess that "Lucy" or "Ethel" would be rock [​IMG]

I'll check out the xm411.com too.