What's new

Xbox's and any probs displaying HD image (1 Viewer)

Kirby Y

Auditioning
Good Day All,

I am new to this forum but I have been surfing it for sometime over the last month looking at what people say about everything from Audio/Video Equipment to gaming systems. I thought that I should ask my question here to see what kind of answers I may get. I have all three next-gen systems and am looking to get most likely a Front Projector in the near future.

I seem to play on my Xbox the most and it has the ability to display some pretty cool images via the HDTV pack. But, I have also heard that some people have had problems with the Xbox and certain TV's or Projectors (e.g. there was a posting yesterday about a guy waiting for the new models of Samsung DLP to come out because of known probs with these TV's and Xbox images).

Can anyone either direct me to a posting about most common problems Xbox owners have had with HD images and certain TV/Projectors and tell me what or what can't be done.

I have had some probs too at my local home audio store when trying my Xbox out.

I was trying to use my Xbox on what is basically a Screenplay 4800 (Infocus).

Problem 1:

There was times that there were TWO images being displayed at the same time. We had to go tinker in the Xbox menu and I can honestly say that I cannot remember what we did. However, I was disturbed by this and I do know that an individual who called the store I deal with was having the same problem with the Samsung DLP RPTV.

Problem 2:

When I tried to get a widescreen image is mainly squished it. I had W/S set up in my Xbox menu as well as the projected was in 16:9 mode as well, but it still squished it (the game was Project Gotham Racing 2). However, I do know that when I played Simpson's Hit and Run, there were no probs and I found that strange becasue both games are 16:9 on the box.

Problem 3:

Shouldn't the projector recognize what is being sent, especially when it is in Native mode. I assumed that Native mode was for the projector to see what image it is and then project accordingly.

If any of these questions sound stupid, I am sorry, but I want to make sure that any projector I buy can do what I want, especially play my Xbox in HD and 16:9 if they are offered on the game.

Thanx in advance for any advice.

Kirby Y

Kirby Y

Auditioning
Thanx for the reply,

Do you think you could explain why the image when using the computerplug was squishing the widescreen. PGR2 is widescreen but didn't come up, however, Simpsons: Hit and Run was stunning.

This worries me a bit.

I may have more questions later, but I am slowly starting to understand.

Thanx,

Kirby Y

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Not usually. Most games don't send the flag to tell the display device if it is 16x9 or 4x3.

-Dave

AlexanderS

Second Unit
I know for a fact that your component input has to be able to display 480i as well as 480p. This is because the dashboard only outputs to 480i. Your problems may stem from this. Check out AVS's home theater gaming section. There is a thread over there on this topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks