What's new

XBox: Suggestions for mindless shooting fun? (1 Viewer)

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
While Halo, Sega GT2002, and Splinter Cell are super fun, sometimes I want to kick back and do some mindless shooting without having to worry about strategy. It seems that these days complexity and plot are necessary for a killer game... but what if you want a break from that?

So, I'm looking for some good suggestions on what I can throw into the console and just have an hour of killing fun? Something that won't grow old quickly. It's a rare game that meets these criteria - are there any on the Xbox?

Thanks,
Martin.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Halo on "Normal". ;)
I'd suggest something like Hunter, but I found that it did grow old quickly, so that's no good... how about MechAssault or Timesplitters 2?

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Bloodwake and Serious Sam. Both are 19 or below, and both are nothing but shooting and smiling fun. :)
Glen

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Good suggestions here already (MechAssault would be my choice). Also, based on the demo I played, it doesn't get any more mindless, shooting, or fun than House of the Dead 3, with or without a lightgun. If it moves, blast it. Nice.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Great suggestions so far. Thanks all! I don't have Live, BTW. What about flying shooting games?

Thanks,
Martin.

BenS

Stunt Coordinator
007 NightFire is pretty fun you can setup a multiplayer session with yourself by choosing up to 4(I think) computer bots to play against you.

MattSG

Agent
Serious Sam, if its anything like the computer game, this will have u for hours w/ mindess fun, esp. w/ shooting 100s of monsters per level.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Is UC worth it without being online?

Alos, I tried Serious Sam when it was a downloadable beta. Spent most of my time running backwards shooting. Is it still like that?

Thanks,
Martin.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Xbox live is definately the way to go for this

Unreal Tourney
Mech Assault
Ghost recon

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Mindless shooting fun?

I'd have to suggest HUNTER.

I love playing this game by myself, for crying out loud.

Nothing rules more than about 20 to 40 zombies coming at you from all directions, then laying on them with the machine gun while spinning around. I love it!

Max Payne is pretty cool for shoot em' up as well.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Hunter, Serious Sam, Unreal Championship, MechAssault (although MechA stinks offline).

Hunter would be my top pick.

-Dave

Dan B

Screenwriter
Well, I had typed a reply but I think the board went kaputt.

Some good recommendations already:

Serious Sam, Max Payne, Unreal Championship, Panzer Dragoon Orta when it comes out, House of the Dead III. For some flying with your shooting, check out Gunvalkyrie. You're equipped with a jet-pack & you blast mutant alien bugs. The controls have a learning curve, but it's worth it.

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
As Chris said,

I would vote for Timesplitters 2 as well.

007 Nightfire rocks.

Got Serious Sam today at Best Buy for $19.99 (loved the PC version).

Unreal Championship ownz.

So many good suggestions in this thread.

Good luck!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread