Xbox release games

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Ferguson, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Anyone know what the big release games for the system will be? When will Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid be released for the system?

2. Scott Wong

Scott Wong Second Unit

The only big release game I've heard of thus far is Halo. I have no idea about SH2 or Metal Gear Solid.
    Scott.
    ------------------
    Scott's DVD List

3. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    Everytime I see those Halo demos, streaming off the internet, 2 things come to mind for me.
    1)I can't friggin' wait to play this kickass looking game!!
    2)I hope like hell that the stuttering frame rate is either
    worked out to absolute flawless, or that it's just the
    clunky, streaming nature of movies...even though I'm
    using DSL.
    Talk about a booger in Microsofts eye if Halo ships with a stuttering framerate! DOH!!!!! [​IMG]

4. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

I think Silent Hill2 coming out for the PS2 1st but i did read somewhere that the XBox version may come out close to the XBox launch. No idea on MGS or what version of the game it will be...as for Halo i have a DVD that has actual filmed footage of the games from E3 and Halo's framerate was ropey. Actual graphics looked nice and detailed, if they do sort out the framerate then it'll be sweet. The one game that i would consider getting the XBox for though is Unreal Championship.

5. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron
    Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding looks like it may be good...but it will have to be very, very good to live up to SSX.
    Aaron

6. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

I wouldnt trust much of the stuff that Microsoft is throwing at us now. When they first released shots of Amped someone took notice that the glare effect was copied out of Adobe Photoshop. Well some high Microsoft official had to release a notice saying the usual these are pre-game shots made up to look like the finished product, yada yada yada. Come October _ I know my money is going towards Nintendo's long awaited product. By then the PS2 will have some great games to go along with it such as GT3, Metal Gear Solid 2, and the new NCAA football game based on Madden 2001s engine.

7. Chad Ferguson

So what reason is there too buy a Xbox right away? Also, with the broadband connection, can I just type in my friends ip address and play him or do I have to pay to play like Sega network?

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I think it was the Konami pres. that said that Silent Hill 2 "The Director's Cut", will be an Xbox launch title. (http://www.thegia.com/news/0107/n03d.html ) No one knows it that's meant to be for the Japanese or U.S. market though (sidenote: what is the Japanese release date?).
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List

9. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

10. Chad Ferguson

Now that I remember, I heard Silent Hill would be a Japan release game. When is the system being released in japan? About the broadband, when the games come out, do you have to play them on some pay service or just hook up with another friends ip? I hated the way Sega did theres, I just want to play my local friends. I don't pay to play Half Life on pc, I shouldn't have to pay to play football on Xbox

11. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron

12. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

13. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Regarding Silent Hill on the XBOX: (found at Computer and Video Games )

14. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I ain't gonna let this thread die [​IMG]
    Maybe Silent Hill 2 for XBOX isn't as shakey as the previous article made it sound. From Gamespot :

15. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Just to speak to the Chad's original question, there are several games that I am looking forward to at launch. But my top three are probably:
    Project Gotham, a racing game with absolutly sick graphics. Every time I see screenshots of this, I can't believe my eyes. If the gameplay is even halfway decent, this should be one impressive game for the 'box.
    DOA3. Yes, well, after all, I DO have a "Y" chromosome... [​IMG]
    Tony Hawk 2X. If you've played Tony Hawk 1 or 2 on the PSX, you know why. This game will combine all of the levels of 1 and 2, and I believe add a few new ones. Plus the graphics are once again out of this world. I absolutely can't wait for this to hit. Yes, PS2 is getting first crack at Tony Hawk 3, but that too is coming to the Xbox next year, and I'm sure 2X will tide me over admirably.
    Of course, Munch and Halo get all the press, and for good reason. But there are lots of other games that look like they could be good fun. Ign Xbox has some great writeups of all the titles that have been announced, if you are looking for more information.
    My dos pesos, anyway...
    Regards,
    Dave

16. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Dave, I think the problem people have with those three games as 'killer apps' is that a lot of people have already extensively played them as MSR, DOA2 & THPS2 - all three have been billed as 'upgrades' rather than fullblown sequels.
    ------------------
    Nothing In Particular

17. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

True, people moaned about the PS2 seeing nothing but sequels...hello XBox?
    MS are basically playing it safe and throwing out what they think the public want ie fighting, racing, snowboarding, skateboarding, wrestling, token puzzler etc.

18. BrianB

BrianB Producer

19. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Say, Brian--you're right! I never noticed that my personal top three were all sequels or upgrades. I haven't played MSR or either DOA, so to me the upcoming titles will be new. But I realize to the "hardcore" gamers, your complaint is a valid one.
    There are some original titles coming out that look good to me: besides Halo/Munch, there's Blood Wake, which is kind of a vehicular combat game with boats. Hunter: The Reckoning looks like a great survival/horror game (Vampires taking over a prison? How cool is that??) And Project Ego looks like it could be the killer app you were asking about. At this point it's tough to say with just a basic storyline and some screenshots.
    I know there's a lot of skepticism about this platform, and from a guy who got totally burned on Sega CD, and at least partially burned on N64, I can understand where that's coming from. All I can speak for is myself, but in my opinion I have seen enough to get me excited about the launch.
    But hey, if anyone still has doubts, you are welcome to pop on over and try it for yourself on November 8th! [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Dave

20. BrianB

BrianB Producer