Xbox progressive modes with X1

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by andy_brehm, Mar 12, 2004.

1. andy_brehm

andy_brehm Stunt Coordinator

I have had a infocus X1 for a couple of months now and I have just purchased a Xbox. I have heard that you can make the Xbox output a progressive signal (only on certain games I assume) but I was wondering how I would have to hook everything up to achieve this. Right now I have my DVD player hooked up to the X1 via component cable directly to the X1. Then I have my PS2 and my Xbox hooked up to my reciever (yamaha rx-v1000) via S video cables then have a S video monitor out from my reciever to the X1. Is this a good way to hooke everything up? With the picture as large as it is, I want the best picture possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

andy

2. jon_ad

jon_ad Stunt Coordinator

to output 480p, 720p, or 1080i from xbox you have to have the component adapter for the xbox. they are available from microsoft, monster cables, and others. You would have to have the xbox connected by the component cables to your video source or to your receiver with component out in order to get the progressive and hd modes. you also have to enable these modes in the setup menu on your xbox.