What's new

The Xbox Series X, Holiday 2020 (5 Viewers)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Question for those that know...Guy at work has one he wants to sell. Has Kinnect, Titanfall(I think that is what he said...with extra purchased maps??) and "movies galore"(no idea which ones).With other controllers and a headset he wants $400. Working two jobs as he is a 19yo married kid...wife is pregnant with twins. (His "being a kid" days are over. Has his head on straight as his wife was told she needed to curtail her hours)Selling it more as the non-use...than needing cash.Possible to take over control of the content?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Legally a grey area, technically feasible. He gives you the password, you change the credit card and password and everyone is happy. Unless down the road he decides to be a dick and ask for the account back in which case either:A. You both get banned (unlikely)B. Microsoft strips the account from you and gives it back to him (slightly unlikely)C. Microsoft tells him hes out of luck (most likely)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Any games that are on a disc are yours. Any digital content on the console is in that gray area. That said, I believe anything purchased to a console is open to the people who use the console, even if the DRM attaches those things to the one user's account. So you might be able to watch the movies and use the game maps, but not log into a new XB1 and be able to re-download them unless he gives you his account info and you take over his account, like Sam said.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Just got back from MS store in Christiana, DE. When the manager told me they were out of Madden bundles (and forza bundles too) I asked if they would do the non bundle plus madden and the game and 50 and to my surprise they did just that. So i turned in my oldest slim ($100 credit) and was out the door with the One, Madden, Destiny and 2x $25 gift cards for $299.02 (They had to charge me a penny apiece for the cards for some weird reason). Tax free delaware rules! Madden and Destiny disks go to Craigslist tomorrow and assuming I can get $50 a pop for em that puts me in a One for my theater room for a cool $199 and I have $50 worth of MS gift certs to boot.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah so I got suckered in by the promotion. Bought Xbone+Madden and chose Destiny as my freebie. Work's been killing me so I haven't had much of a chance to play. Hadn't played Madden in years, only played NCAA football on 360, so the mechanics are taking a while for me to get used to. Didn't realize how big of a difference there was between the two games.

Destiny is definitely eye-candy, I got through the basic intro to the tower shop thingie, but I haven't had a chance to really explore yet. Looking forward to it. Big Halo fan so the controls and gameplay are definitely familiar territory for me, but if I understand correctly Destiny is mostly online multiplayer and not much campaign? If so that's a shame because I really enjoyed the campaign aspects of the Halo series.

Kind of surprised at the dearth of games I'm interested in on the Xbone (and PS4, which I did not buy). Not sure I'm going to buy another game until Halo Master Chief Collection in November. We'll see, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by the release slate between now and then.

I do like the controller. Still has that familiar Xbox feel, but just more refined. Bought the version without the Kinect and for now, I don't miss it.

Kind of disappointed in load times. It doesn't help that I've moved my 2010 Macbook Pro to SSD, so now anything that isn't near instantaneous feels so darned slow. And the non-user-swappable HD is a bummer, because I'd actually spring $$$ to swap the Xbone HD with an SSD.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
If they really wanted a bump they'd include Halo Master Chief Collection in there. And/or Destiny (just to cover those who haven't bought it yet).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought the PS4 was slow when it came to installing games but it is a speed demon compared to this thing. The XBOX1 not only looks like the HD DVD of consoles; it loads like it too. I had to leave the thing on overnight to download "Sunset Overdrive" and related content. It is installing now and it is taking forever. It's brutal. This console is definitely going to be the second or third stringer if this is what I have to look forward to with digital downloads and installations.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Downloading physical discs is much faster. Although it did take an hour or two to download COD AW.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have the Assassin Creed Bundle on Layaway at my local gamestop, will pick it up in a few weeks when I get paid, this will be my first console from MS since I sold my 360 a few years back. I had a PS4 it was a good console but I was not thrilled with the interface and the online, I much prefer the experience on Live. Any title recommendations? Looking forward to using it for plex as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks