What's new

XBox not as PC as thought? (1 Viewer)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
If Xbox is going to have more then 1 good FPS, MS better release a keyboard or mouse. Well, if not MS then at least a 3rd party. I just find it very dificult to play them with a controller. Although, I did find the control in Turok 1 to be very decent for playing on a controller.
Here's also to hoping for a VGA box with a passthrough. That was my one complaint with the VGA box for the Dreamcast, none of them(that I know of anyways) had a passthrough.
Here's where the trouble begins for me though. I don't have room for the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox. I already have a table that is the perfect fit for the PS2(which I already have) + Gamecube. Well, maybe Microsoft will release an RF controller for Xbox like Nintendo is doing for 'Cube, then I won't have to worry too much.
Oh, just thought I would ask. Is there any chance of web browsing using the Xbox like you could do on the DC? Not that I liked using the internet on DC (the browser was horrid!) but at least MS can make a good browser.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Oh, just thought I would ask. Is there any chance of web browsing using the Xbox like you could do on the DC? Not that I liked using the internet on DC (the browser was horrid!) but at least MS can make a good browser.

Not right away at least. There's always the possibility I guess, but this is getting it too far into PC land.
------------------

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Not right away at least. There's always the possibility I guess, but this is getting it too far into PC land
Yea, that's true, but I like PC land
biggrin.gif
I just figure though that Microsoft would want to eventually make their kickass gaming system double as a WebTV type of box. Maybe not though...
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

James D S

Screenwriter
I just figure though that Microsoft would want to eventually make their kickass gaming system double as a WebTV type of box.
Probably not initially. But I'm pretty sure we'll see a web browsing solution once XBox establishes itself in the marketplace. *crosses fingers*

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Anyone hear the older rumors about a Microsoft convergance product that would bring the functions of WebTV and Xbox together? I remember reading something about it earlier in the year. It even had a Microsoft codename -though I don't recall it.
I would imagine the posibility of such a product is likely. Once Xbox establishes itself they could expand the brand.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Andy-
MS said that they weren't making a browser type thing because of the whole PC thing. GCN isn't having one either because Nintendo wants it to be totally about games. PS2 has one by a third party.
To tell the truth, I have a PC, I don't need a browser for my game console. Its a nice feature, but I don't need it. That said, I think its good that some consoles offer it an some don't. Though it would be nice to use the internet with DSL or cable on a console without having to buy a modem (such as on the XB).
Maybe a third party will release a keyboard/mouse/browser combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks