What's new

Xbox Live Beta? (1 Viewer)

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
I also got an e-mail last night with instructions on how to order my beta kit, which I did, should be here in a couple of days!! See you guys online!!! :):):)

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone,
I was browsing through the X-Box Live Beta forum last night and could not believe my eyes. Post after post, page after page...
I realized just how many idiots are really out there. :eek:
Being a member of HTF and frequenting the Video Game Software forum can really numb you to the lunacy of most of the outside on-line world. I cannot wait for more beta testers from HTF to get on-line so we can "class up" the joint :D (My beta kit is in transit).
Anyway, thanks to HTF for the forum policies, thanks for being you, and other various and sundry positive thoughts to start the gaming week.
Bryan
3 time Heisman trophy winner*
*(NCAA 2003)

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
For those who are getting accepted in the beta test lately, how long ago did you guys sign up?? I waited around until 2 weeks ago and finally entered a request to be a beta tester, am I too late or are they still picking some from the newer applicants? Thanks

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Jon,

I signed up about 6 -8 weeks ago. I received the e-mail confirming my participation around the third week of August and was told that I would be contacted again within 30 days. It was actually about two weeks. I ordered my Beta kit over the weekend and expect to receive it during the latter part of this week.

So, I made the first 10,000 testers, but not the first 5,000 who started playing online 8/23/02.

Hope to see you there soon!

Bryan

Howie D

Stunt Coordinator
I couldn't agree with you more Brian. I've been in the beta since day 1 and most of the posts up there are not for technical issues or actual testing. Most issues are about who's ranked where and who cheats, etc..

James St

Supporting Actor
My Beta kit was waiting for me when I got home from work last night(this morning). I set it up have only played Re-volt so far. It's pretty fun game and the voice communication works great. I've only encountered one slight stutter while playing Re-volt. I played for about an hour and a half and totally suck but it's still fun talking to people and listen to their immediate reactions when crashing. I don't have NFL2K3 yet but plan on buying it in the next week or so.

James St

Supporting Actor
Heads up everyone. 5000 more e-mails are going out today for those waiting to be included in the beta program.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I got mine but their servers are SWAMPED right now. I called customer support and they said that 10k emails went out today and its overloaded the servers.

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
I got an email today. But I can't access the site. :frowning: Been trying to log onto the confromation page since 4pm today and it won't load!!!!
Corey

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I just got in and ordered. The thing that kinda sucks is that I paid more a bunch more than my gamestop pre-order (had a coupon for 10% off, no tax). I gotta cancel that, but I figure that since I can set up my gamertag early rather than later and just the cool unique packaging, I considered it worth it. sad that i had to rationalize it... :)

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
No email for me either...what gives, don't they KNOW I started the HTF "Xbox Live Beta" thread? I tell you, I get no respect...

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Please remember to post your gamertag when you sign up so we can have HTF members on our Friends lists...
Dave S. and I played a great game last night. You can't go wrong when your goal is to have a good time and maybe, just maybe, win the game.
:emoji_thumbsup:
Bryan
Gamertag: PPH2

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Wish we could've finished that game damn dsl. My Gamer Tag is Scarpad. I'm going to call my provider tonight and hopefully get my probs fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks