What's new

Xbox.ign gives The Thing an 8.3 (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I think I might pass on this title. I loved the movie but my buddy won't play it alone anytime of the day (too scary). I rent it or borrow from him. I hate to waste money on games that freak me out...I still have yet to finish Eternal Darkness...I guess I'm just a chicken. :D

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
James,

A lot of it depends upon the set & the line doubler that is used. Some tv's show a minor difference, some show a major difference. In 3 tv's that I have seen though, the colors are brighter & there is a greater level of clarity.

I can deal with 480i on PS2 only games, or some GC games, but I think it's inexcusable on an Xbox game. I just won't support Universal's bid to become the lowest resolution Xbox game & lowering the bar for everyone.

I actually tried emailing Universal Interactive last night, but using their "Contact" link at the website yielded an undeliverable message. :/

-Dave

Joe michaels

Second Unit
I have the Thing. I have barely gotten into the game but it really seems cool and has some things that make this game more involved than the average horror title such as freezing to death and keeping your team calm and the trust factor between yourself and your team.
The most dissapointing part for me in this game however is, Where is the music? I am surprised the game didn't start out with the music from the movie. James Bond, Star Wars, and many other games have the music that we all recognize from the movie, why not this game? Or is it coming and I don't know about it yet?

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I read in at least one review that the game does feature the same soundtrack as the movie (which I believe was composed by Carpenter himself, as are most of his film's scores). Either the reviewer was wrong or you simply haven't heard it yet.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
There are occasional parts of the game in which you'll hear the film music. The problem is that there are hardly any parts of the game that feature music at all. It's too bad because when you do hear that distinctive pulsing beat, it really gets you going :)

Joe michaels

Second Unit
It seems to me that if the game had it it would have began with it from the beginning. I think they missed an opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks