What's new

Xbox: Circus Maximus (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
This is one bizare game. Mario Kart meets a bad fighting game. Nice graphics...effective 5.1 and huge levels. I'm interested to see what the forum's opinon of this game is. I just started playing so I have no idea if there's any depth to it...I have the feeling it's going to be an average title.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
It allegedly had a very troubled development history if you listen to the gossip sites. Sony allegedly wouldn't let it get released on the PS2, Kodiak allegedly fired most of their staff & prepared to wind down the company when the remaining staff finished this game.
All allegedly of course ;)

Tony_I

Stunt Coordinator
An interesting development history it is, but a surprizingly addictive game as well ;)
The game has a complex, yet intuitive(and scalable) control scheme that become second nature after you spend some time with the game.
The graphics aren't anything special, but they get the job done.
Your surrounds will surprizingly get some usage in DD5.1, but the center is pretty quiet.
The game incorperates a "rubberband" inbetween the racers, which keeps the action high and the races close. In most games, I don't like the "rubberband", but in this fighting/racer, it works well. (though should be able to be turned off in the options).
Overall, this game turned out to be a nice surprize. I definitely suggest starting in the training mode, as it will teach you how to control the racers.
IF anyone has any questions, just ask.
P.S.. IGN gave this a lowsy score, but the reviewer didn't learn the proper control's of the game. How it was ever reviewed, I'll never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks