What's new

Xbox and Mitsu Compatible? (1 Viewer)

PatJ

Auditioning
Okay, I'm just a little concerned. I am getting the Mitsu WS-65311 delivered on Saturday. However, I've read in a couple of places that I will not be able to use component video off of the Xbox since it is only 720p, and the TV does not support 720p.

Am I screwing up with buying a TV that will not support 720p?

Regardless, in playing games, I'm assuming that they games will not be displayed in 16:9. Is this assumption right? Someone please help me!

AlbertL

Agent
Pat, I am responsible for your concern and apologize for that.

I think the answer is that you can still get the HD pack for X-box and enjoy it with your new tv. Games that output in 480p and 1080i will display fine, but the games that output in 720p will not. These 720p games can be played in 480p by setting the X-Box to 480p/1080i. You will just not get the full HD benefit of some X-Box games.

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsth...rue#Post304667

Is this enough of a disadvantage to warrant canceling your order? That's up to you. Personally I don't play X-box enough. My focus is HDTV and DVDs, and my Mitsu 42311 excels at that.

PatJ

Auditioning
Okay, thanks Albert for the reply. That makes much more sense! As to the extent of the current games out there, I believe the majority of them are 480p for now. For the few 720p games in the future, I guess I will have to work with the downgraded picture. Thanks again for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks