What's new

Xanadu Region 4 (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
Anyone have this? I've heard this is a longer cut of the movie with extras to boot...

Kent Keltner

Auditioning
If you mean the 21st Anniversary Edition, there's a really good review of it here. Explains the plusses and minuses compared to the R1 release.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
Thanks for mentioning this title BUT...from the sounds of it, the R1 release sounds superior. I believe the US DVD is the "extended video version" of the movie that has been on vhs/laser previously, running several minutes longer than the theatrical cut.

The Aussie audio is apparently awful, and the US R1 DVD has a solid 4.0 track, so I'm sticking with my American DVD.

Kent Keltner

Auditioning
Yes, Mike. We could tell from the review.
I didn't mean "good" as in a good dvd... "good" as in it's not biased by the studios like some stuff here and actually mentions the flaws and gives a detailed comparison against the R1... thereby helping to save importing a horrible disc.
I've never gotten around to picking up the R1 disc... I really should one of these days. (I too bad then as a kid had a major crush on ONJ... ^_^;;;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks