What's new

X-men : First Class sequel officially returning (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Groovy!
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Cool pic, but potential minor spoiler.
image.jpg
It's Nick Holt and another character in 1973. So is McCoy using an image inducer here to look human, or is he able to revert between Beast and normal form? I'm going for image inducer. As for the other guy: is this his 1973 self or will he have traveled back in time? Either way, his presence here definitely signifies that the new timeline will have to progress differently than what we had seen.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
So this is interesting.
Brian Singer has announced that he has cast Even Peters to play Quicksilver in Days of Future Past.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177099-evan-peters-joins-x-men-days-of-future-past-as-quicksilver
image.jpg

Quicksilver, along with Scarlet Witch and the Kree, is one of the characters that both Fox and Marvel can use. Joss Whedon has just confirmed in the last week or so that he will be using Pietro and Wanda Maximoff (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) in The Avengers 2.
So unless Fox and Marvel have come to some sort of agreement and are collaborating on this character, this will be the first time that the same character will be used in both universes with two different interpretations.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Never understood why Marvel hasn't given Colussus a bigger role in the X Men franchise.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Richard V said:
Never understood why Marvel hasn't given Colussus a bigger role in the X Men franchise.
Yes, he should have a larger role. At least Daniel Cudmore is in Days of Future Past as Colossus. I think they should take advantage of some of the "younger" characters who have already been introduced in he previous films for their future chapters. Ice Man, Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Colossus, Angel, etc... should be more prominent team members.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Some new character portraits
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Again, Singer seems to just love the black uniforms. But do I see a little blue and yellow on Logan's outfit?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Has anyone at Fox, Marvel or the Donners Co. discussed plans to expand their X-men universe of films, the way Disney is doing with the Avengers and Star Wars?

I didn't see a story about it from SDCC, but I could have missed it. I did read about an X-Force movie, which didn't sound like a sequel to DOFP.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The only things that have have been disclosed so far have been how The Wolverine will have a mid credits scene that links to Days of Future Past, the release of DoFP next year being moved from July to May 23, and the plans for doing an X-Force film (which is currently being written). Yes, as far as I understand, X-Force is intended to be related but also it's own thing. I don't think it's intended to be a sequel to Days of Future Past. Their Fantastic Four reboot has a release date scheduled for March 6, 2015, but there hasn't been anything substantial regarding casting or anything like that for that film yet. So nothing more has been announced beyond that, but I'm pretty sure they're looking to build new franchises around X-Force, modern X-Men, possibly more "past X-Men", additional solo films, maybe for characters like Deadpool, and the Fantastic Four. Honestly, it's too bad that they still have the FF. They really don't fit well with the X-Men stuff. The Fantastic Four, Doom, Galactus and the Silver Surfer would be a much better fit in the MCU. They factor so significantly into the "cosmic universe" that Marvel intends to develop (starting with Guardians of the Galaxy). It stinks that Marvel is going to have to build their cosmic cinematic universe around this absence. X-Men have certainly had dealings with "space folk", but it's not nearly as typical a thing for them as it has been for the Fantastic Four and the Avengers. There's tons of X-related characters and tiles to draw from to expand a cinematic universe without the need for bringing in the Fantastic Four. But what can you do? Fox has them and that's where they are likely to stay for a while. I hope they do a much better job with the reboot than they did with those other two films. There's so much potential for the Fantastic Four.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Sam Favate said:
Has anyone at Fox, Marvel or the Donners Co. discussed plans to expand their X-men universe of films, the way Disney is doing with the Avengers and Star Wars? I didn't see a story about it from SDCC, but I could have missed it. I did read about an X-Force movie, which didn't sound like a sequel to DOFP.
Sam, Mark Millar talks a bit about this in the interview linked here:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=84369Go to about the 6 minute mark. Interestingly, he mentions that he thinks they could develop 5-10 separate franchises based on Fox's Marvel properties. But he's very vague. I think that while Fox wants to follow the Marvel model, they don't have the confidence that they will be successful, so they are tentatively planning things but aren't committing publicly too far in advance. They're probably judging the success of each project and then deciding on future projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks