What's new

X files Third Season DVD SET : "DPO" episode question (1 Viewer)

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone:
I recently started to enjoy the X Files Third Season DVD set.
I have a question about a Season 3 episode. The name of the episode is "DPO". This is the third episode on the first disc of the 7 disc DVD set. This is the one where there is a guy who can control lightning.
At the beginning of the episode, when another guy pushes him to the ground at the arcade and all the lights go out, DPO turns on the jukebox and a song starts playing. This song also starts playing from a car radio when the bully leaves the arcade and turns on his car.
It sounds like a Pink Floyd song but I am not sure. I did not see the song listed in the closing credits.
Anybody know the name of this song and the performer?
Thank you.
Carlos

Shane D

Supporting Actor
off th top of my head i think it may be hey man nice shot by filter. that is the one that sticks out in my mind cause i know that song is in the episode somewhere. anyone second this or veto it?

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
David:
Thank you very much. That is the exact song.
Great song for a great episode.
Is James the entire name of the artist? Is there a last name?
Thanks again.
Carlos

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Is there more to his name than "James"? I dunno. I just recalled seeing that info in the FAQ, and dug it up. Sorry. Glad you got what you wanted, though!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Gareth Flynn

Stunt Coordinator
Actually "James" are a band from Manchester in the UK. Best known for songs such as "Sit Down", "Laid" and "Destiny Calling". Their website is at http://www.jamestheband.com , and there you can find the following FAQ:
Where can I find the version of "Ring the Bells" that is heard on the X-Files?
The slow, acoustic version of "Ring the Bells" from the X-files episode entitled "D.P.O." is featured on the Greenpeace compilation titled "Alternative NRG". The song was recorded at "The Palace" in Hollywood, CA with equipment run exclusively by solar power.
HTH!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks