What's new

X-Box emulator already out... (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Yep, someone wrote an emulator to let you play X-Box games on your PC. Link Removed the link.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Indeed. Most definitely a hoax.

I'd be worried of trojans etc in these 'hoax' emulators - certain DC "emulators" had them...

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
ACK!!! :angry:
So it is. Sorry bout that. Picked the link up on Slashdot before they figured out it was a hoax. Sorry. :)

Bergan Peters

Stunt Coordinator
Slashdot is right up there with the national enquirer with sources I would trust for information. It's not possible to emulate XBox games, hackers would need to write an entirely new DirectX.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
The fact that they published that blurb without checking it out is proof enough of their reliablility for me. I love the site and they have some great tech news, but I never trust anything until I confirm it elsewhere.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
So Mike, would you say that it is possible to play a N64 cartridge on a toaster? :)
-Dave

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
You never know about that toaster deal, about 15 years ago I would have said it would be impossible to use a video game console to watch movies........

Oscar_R

Second Unit
I saw this link posted in another website. Someone went in and renamed the extension to one of the file back .exe

Turned out to be the executable for Red Alert when you looked at properties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.