Wyatt Earp SE- Manufacturing defect on disc 2?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Joseph J.D, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I was watching this today on a Sony DAV-C450 and things were going fine until I played the second disc......at about 4:20 minutes into Chapter 34, the picture froze, pixellated and eventually skipped back a few chapters. I've gone back to the store and have gone through a total of 3 copies of disc 2 on this machine and it still does it at the same point in the film......Oddly enough, I have played the scene on my Sony DVP-S7700 and it went through it without problems.

Is there a manufacturing defect on this disc that I don't know about?

2. Joseph J.D

I was watching this today on a Sony DAV-C450 and things were going fine until I played the second disc......at about 4:20 minutes into Chapter 34, the picture froze, pixellated and eventually skipped back a few chapters. I've gone back to the store and have gone through a total of 3 copies of disc 2 on this machine and it still does it at the same point in the film......Oddly enough, I have played the scene on my Sony DVP-S7700 and it went through it without problems.

Is there a manufacturing defect on this disc that I don't know about?

3. Kevin_Lodge

Kevin_Lodge Stunt Coordinator

Was watching the movie today also -- no problems with my disc. I havea Sony DVP-NC665P

4. Kevin_Lodge

Kevin_Lodge Stunt Coordinator

Was watching the movie today also -- no problems with my disc. I havea Sony DVP-NC665P

5. Sebastien S

Sebastien S Second Unit

I just watched mine two days ago and I had no such problems...

I use a Panasonic DVD-RP82

6. Sebastien S

Sebastien S Second Unit

I just watched mine two days ago and I had no such problems...

I use a Panasonic DVD-RP82

7. ShaunB

ShaunB Auditioning

No problems here Kenwood 5700.
    I forgot how much I liked this film, PQ and sound both great.

8. Jeff Ashforth

Jeff Ashforth Stunt Coordinator

I would think that the fact that it plays fine on one of your DVD players indicates it is not a problem with the disc itself.

9. Joseph J.D

Normally I would think that it was the player; however, I have gone through 4 copies of disc 2 and the error occurs at the SAME point in the film....if it were a problem with the player, wouldn't it be a random occurance? Besides, the player plays other discs with no problems whatsoever.[​IMG]

Regardless, I've decided to keep the 4th copy....as long as it plays fine on my main player, that's OK with me.

10. Jeff B.

Jeff B. Stunt Coordinator

Also no problems with my disc. I just watched this tonight for the first time, and I'm not sure what to think about it yet. I thought the movie itself was beautiful. Great transfer, and the cinematography was topnotch imo. However I felt at sometimes the movie was disjointed and jumped forward suddenly with no warning. I thought some of the acting was.."bland" if thats the right word for it.

11. Chris Biggs

Chris Biggs Agent

My copy had 2 or 3 audio dropouts during the train scene at the end. I have not replaced it, yet, but this was also on disc 2. My player is a Panasonic RP91.