What's new

WWF fans..Austin is back!! (1 Viewer)

Richard_T

Second Unit
After months of sitting and watching a load of crap, the old Stone Cold Steve Austin has returned. If you are a wrestling fan, never mind an Austin fan, Last Monday's RAW was a God send. It was so nice to finally see him drop all the singing and hugging and finally kick some choreographed ass! I've been really disappointed with the way his character has evolved over the past few months. It seemed they wanted to turn him into a job man. It was so nice to see him back. What do you all think of his return?
------------------
Please visit my site at http://rickshometheater.homestead.com/HomePage.html

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I never ever really cared for Austin at all. He got on my nerves. But over the last few weeks, Stone Cold has been the funniest thing on TV! He made me laugh enough that I actually began to like him.
Even though the "old" Stone Cold is back now, his appeal seems to have transfered over as I was cheering when he stunned about 20 WCW/ECW members last night!
biggrin.gif

------------------
campic07.jpg

The HTF Lowest Post Champion!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm not that excited either. Nor am I that excited about The Rock. Frankley, with Foley out of the picture, I find myself a much bigger Kurt Angle fan
Jeff Kleist

Van Patton

Second Unit
I think the ECW WCW angle has lost all credibility. Austin comes in and stuns about 10 guys. 10 GUYS!!!!!! They were just standing there waiting for SCSA to stun them!! My favs. now are Tajiri (love that humor aspect), Angle (Raven-ECW Rules. Kurt- Uh No ECW does not rule. The WWF rules.) Oh and I also like Stacy Kiebler........
------------------

JohanK

Second Unit
Count me in as an Angle fan also...luv it when he is showing the meanstreak.
I was never a big Stone Cold fan and will miss the comedy, but I'm kinda glad he's back. The 'brawl' was pretty pathetic though...IMHO.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
IT's great to see everyone marking out to Austin when he is a face. He is so much better as a heel. I disagree with everyone on this. He was so much more funny over the past few weeks...
------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The old Stone Cold isn't really back. He was too friendly with his teammates.
~T

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
The WWF needs that one good guy in this Invasion angle, so in that regard, I'm happy that he is a face again. The only beef I have is with how fast he turned. The WWF writers should have built this up a little more and added some suspense by having him disappear all while team WWF gets the snot kicked out of them by the ECWCW faction.
I wish the hell Vince Russo was still writing for the WWF!
------------------
fightclub33.jpg

[Edited last by Tom_G on July 18, 2001 at 07:52 AM]

Van Patton

Second Unit
Russo.....is that sarcasm??? This is the same man who brought us a dog pound match, he made Hawk jump off the Titantron committing suicide, he made David Arquette the WCW champion, he put himself in main events, and he wanted Tom Green to do an angle with the WWF. And you want this man back
laugh.gif

------------------

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Count me in as another who's not all that excited about the old Austin being back. I was rather bored with the old Austin coming into the ring and defeating anybody who came in his way, but the new cowardly heel character has had me laughing my ass off.
Gregory

Frederick

Second Unit
Hawk commited suicide? What's that aboot????
Anyway, count me as one of the people glad to see the old Austin back. That whole @$$-kissing Austin was urking me to death. After years of seeing him drinking beer and stunning everything that moved, seeing him and Vince hugging was not something I enjoyed watching. Leave the @$$-kissing/kicking to Angle. He's a pro :) ...
Freddy
------------------
" ... Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much ..."

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Well, the old Austin will nevr really be back-the neck and knees injuries will affect Austin for the rest of his.Physically he isnt capable of the aggressiveness he showed years ago.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Russo.....is that sarcasm???
It is not! :)
His ideas for storylines in WCW were indeed less-than-spectacular. But, when Vince Russo was writing for the WWF, it is my understanding that he had a lot of input and Vince McMahon had veto power. With the team of those two guys and Ed Ferrara, the WWF was very exciting each and every week. The matches had good stipulations and the fans always knew who to root for.
Now, we get boring matches and WWF has almost reverted to the 80's formula of wrestling--lots of run-ins and boring interviews.
Since the departure of Russo and Ferrara, WWF has been very uneven. Sometimes its pretty good, other times it's a snooze fest. I hold steadfast on the fact that WWF needs the Russo/McMahon writing team. It makes me wonder about what could be especially with Paul Heyman and his good input. Oh well.
------------------
fightclub33.jpg

CameronS

Supporting Actor
About the old Hawk storyline...
Wasn't the main point of the angle that he was having personl problems and when he would come to the ring with Animal, he would be drunk? I can't remember exactly, but one episode he climbed the Titontron and then he "fell" off. Of course, he feel behind the screen so you could only see his shadow falling. I can't remember if he was trying to commit suicide or not.
------------------
campic07.jpg

The HTF Lowest Post Champion!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The one thing I hated about Russo was that he deemphasized the wrestling aspect. As for the storylines, he was a hit and miss. But the good storylines he wrote are much better than what we've seen from the WWF since he left.
~T

Frederick

Second Unit
Oh yeah ... I remember that Hawk "fall" now. Man, I miss the Road Warriors ... the old Road Warriors, that is. That whole alcoholic bit was bad. Very bad. That should be the topic of a whole new thread: Bad Angles and Story Lines ...
Freddy
------------------
" ... Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much ..."

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I'm smelling an Austin swerve at the Pay-Per-View this Sunday. I have a feeling he is going to turn heel again, this time against the WWF. I want to see the return of the "Stunning One". :)
-Dean-
------------------
Link Removed
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I just wanted to say "I told you so!"
laugh.gif

BTW, did anyone watch the PPV on Sunday. RVD vs. Jeff Hardy was one of the best matches of the year. I am so glad that there are a bunch of ECW guys in WWF now. Now if Vince would only sign Sabu and Bill Alphonso.
wink.gif

-Dean-
------------------
Link Removed
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks