What's new

WWDC 2016: New Macbook Pros? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I honestly have no idea what they are thinking, it could be like what Razer does on their PCs and it changes on an app by app basis but who knows

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That is very interesting. Excited to see what Apple does with this. Only thing I am bothered about is that early reports suggest that the chassis is not any slimmer so we still don't have a pro model that approaches the current MacBook.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I am so hyped up for this new Macbook Pro, even though I have the latest 13" version.

Ron, if you end up wanting to upgrade and want to sell your current 13" rMBP I may be interested in buying it from you depending on what the new machines look like and how your machine is configured. Let me know if you might be interested.

-Keith

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am going to take a gamble here....

I'm really in the mood for the Macbook.

It's not very powerful, but it's ultra-slim and perfect for traveling. I can leave my Macbook Pro at home and take the Macbook on the road.

Of course, the danger is, Apple will have their new Macbook Pro ready to go next week.

I am taking the gamble that won't happen. While Apple might announce a new MBP, I would go with the speculators that are predicting a late fall release.

I also go with the speculators that the new MBP will not be as thin as the Macbook.

The price of the 2016 Macbook just dropped $50 over the past day on B&H photo. I am probably going to make the purchase.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Listening to MacBreak Weekly -- but not closely -- they were also saying that is seems likely there's not new hardware coming at WWDC.

That said: you can gamble, or wait 7 days and buy with full knowledge. Unless my daily work computer just died, I know what I'd do. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ordered the Macbook yesterday. It will be my travel computer and one I use at the workplace.

The Macbook Pro has practically replaced my desktop computer. I don't use my iMac much anymore. The Pro will stay at home.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I am in SF: going to AltConf/Layers

Probably will have photos from Tuesday's live The Talk Show as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks