What's new

WTD: DTS Laserdiscs (1 Viewer)

Scott Ma

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody got any DTS laserdiscs they're looking to get rid of? I've only got a few in my collection, so I'm looking to add more. (I have Jurassic Park 1, 2, Scream 2, Wag the Dog, Spawn, The Eagles.) Shoot me a PM if you've got some stuff to get rid of and give me a price as well.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi

My last / only dts title is "The Quest". It is new / sealed. $20 plus shipping. Please email me if interested.

Regards

Gregg

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hi Scott.

Here is my list:
Species
Strange Days
Stargate
Spawn
Daylight
Casper
The Crow
JP 1 & 2

Plus I have The Phantom Menace Japan Import LD.

greg_t

Screenwriter
Gregg,

Why did you sell your DTS ld collection? You worked so hard to get them all.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi greg
I was able to collect 111 titles (of the 113 released). The Mrs and I were needing some $$$ to buy a small summer / lake home so we did some ebaying about 2 months ago. The collection sold for about $3200. We also sold 3 LD players (a 99 and a Sony MUSE). I still have 3-400 LDS, and a 704 for playback (if I can ever find the time). :)
Gregg

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
That's interesting, as far as I knew, I have all the DTS laserdiscs and I thought there was 112. Could this mysterious # 113 be the DTS demo laserdisc? I'd like to know which one I don't have nevertheless (if it does exist)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There were/are 112 US DTS LD titles plus Ransom which was only released in Japan. The DTS Surround Experience Disc was also released only in Japan so maybe there are 114 depending on how you wish to count.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
there were 112 US titles, then there was a us released dts demo disc.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you only have 112 including the Japanese DTS demo, you're missing at least one it sounds like.

DTS Laserdiscs

Add the Japanese Surround Sound and Ransom and I think that's all the DTS discs ever released.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
No, I have 112 including the US-release demo. The US release demo has clips from Apollo 13, Waterworld, Jurassic Park and Schindler's List.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I wasn't aware of this one -- was it ever sold or was it a dealer only disc? Is there a way to post a link to the cover or can you give me the UPC/ISBN number? I thought I had a full collection as well.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
There never was a cover. It was given out in a white sleeve only. DTS has since gotten rid of all the ld demos they once had.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Well, went back and checked off all the DTS LD's according to the list. It seems my Babe DTS is missing from the collection. It's the only domestic release I don't seem to have. Weird, I know I've had that ld but it has dissappeared. I guess I better go after it before I can't get it anymore.

greg_t

Screenwriter
I have an extra copy of True Lies DTS, Schindlers List DTS, and I think The Mask DTS if you're interested. Shoot me a PM if you would like to discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks