What's new

WTB: Your Subwoofer! (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Since I will not have room for my towers, I need a quality sub for my dorm to accompany my extra set of bookshelves. Preferably a smaller one (eg. Velodyne CT-80)
Looking to spend $130-$270
thanks for all who reply
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Equipment List

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Chuck,
I just purchased a new stereo speaker system for the bedroom and was using a Boston Acoustics CR-400 subwoofer to supplement some old Jensen 30 speakers. Over the last month it has been setting around doing nothing and I would like to sell the sub.
The CR-400 is similar, but not the same as the PV90 that they use for their sub-sat system. The CR400 has an adjustable crossover so it can be accomodated with other speakers.
It has the line level and speaker level inputs, volume control, variable crossover, a phase switch, and a selectable On/OFF/Auto switch. Some reviews can be found at the following link.
http://www.audioreview.com/reviews/S...uct_8695.shtml
It rates well for subwoofers in its size class based on Mr. Nousaine's subwoofer test data. See the following post.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/039198.html
It has an 8" driver and can extend to near 35 Hz. The sub is in mint condition and I have the original box, manual, and store receipt. I believe that it retailed for $400 and I purchased the sub during an "inventory reduction" sale for $250.
I believe the unit has a five-year warranty (CORRECTION - one-year warranty) and I do have the original receipt. I think it was purchased in 1998, but that is from memory and it could be 1997 or 1999. (ADDITION - The actual purchase date was 6/27/1999).
I would sell this for $150, plus shipping (probably around $25 for Std. UPS Ground, insured for $250).
Thanks,
Mike
e-mail me at [email protected] if interested.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks