WTB: subwoofer $0-250 range

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ryan davis, Jun 25, 2001.

1. ryan davis

ryan davis Stunt Coordinator

I am looking for a cheap (in price) powered sub for my small home theater in my room. Space is not a issue and i have a larger sized bedroom so ideally i would like a larger sub. I will also consider smaller/lower powered subs. If you have ANYTHING in that price range feel free to email me or post here. I have good feedback although i am new to this forum. Thanks!
    ------------------

2. Jin E

Jin E Second Unit

You can get something new that would be good in the $150-$200 range. Try to find a Sony SAWM40 subwoofer. They sell it at Sear, and Best Buy among other places. SHould be relativly easy to find... great performer for the price.
    [url=http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11009520&m=1&cat=15&scat=18
    ------------------
    -Jin

3. CarlV

CarlV Stunt Coordinator

I have a Kef 30B sub that I will sell to you for $300. It has a 100w amp. Very good for music and home theater. Made in England, excellent build quality. These are going for around $400 on ebay.
    I bought it recently for use as a second sub, decided I didn't need it because of my small room 12x14.
    Carl
    cvoeb@hotmail.com
    ------------------
    Carl

4. Pat

Pat Agent

5. Mike Romberg

Mike Romberg Auditioning

I've got a complete satellite sub system for sale. Its the polk rm5400. It sounds awesome. I just upgraded to floor standings and these are boxed up in the garage. Check out the reviews at audioreview.com. I am asking $250 for the complete 6 speaker system, plus shipping from southern california.