WTB Stereo receiver, preferably in the Dallas area

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Koenig, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Joe Koenig

Joe Koenig Extra

I need to get a cheap receiver to power my new subwoofer, an SVS 15-31 CS. I would like to get at least 100w to a given channel - keep in mind this receiver will be simply amplifying the LFE signal from my main Denon receiver during movies and music. Thus I don't need very many features.
    I would like to pick up if possible. My ideal price is around $50. Tom V, one of the people that makes these subs by hand, says that due to the enclosure of the sub a cheap receiver will give adequete performance. He says that even using a $100 KLH reciever "does not skip a beat" although of course it isn't as good the Samson S700 amp they recommend.
    Let me know what you have - be prepared with a link to specs, or have them in any PM/email.

2. Frederick_Falk

Frederick_Falk Second Unit

I have an old 2 channel receiver that is rated at 95 watts per channel that I have lying around that isn't being used. I will gladly part with it for $50.00 dollars. I am in the Austin area (Lago Vista) to be exact. If you are interested, maybe we can meet somewhere half-way or so. You can email me at falk@cstdi.com and we can discuss further.

3. Ryan Schnacke

Ryan Schnacke Supporting Actor

Joe,
    I assume you meant the 25-31 model, right? Do you have the sub yet? If not, you're welcome to come over and listen to my 25-31PC.
    I've got a couple of extra receivers (a Pioneer 100 watt DPL and a cheap Pioneer 70 watt stereo) I could bring over if you're just wanting to see how it will sound. Unfortunately they're not for sale. But maybe that would help you decide how much power is enough.
    I live in Sachse and work in North Dallas (Midway and Beltline). Wherabouts are you?
    P.S. It's good to see other Dallasites here.

4. Joe Koenig

Joe Koenig Extra

errr yeah. I just made a typo. The 25-31 CS is right. I live in Plano (Parker/Preston) and work my summer job down n Oak Lawn and Lemmon.
    I'd love to hear it. I haven't actually heard an SVS yet, but it'd be nice to.
    Email me at JoeyK@hallwood.com.

5. Ryan Schnacke

Joe, YGM

6. Elliott_P

Elliott_P Agent

This sounds like the begining of a D/FW HTF meet. Woohoo!!
    ------------------
    --Elliott--

7. Ryan Schnacke

I'm going to invite Joe over to hear my sub, so maybe you should come along, Elliot. In fact, I think I'll put a feeler out in the home theater meet section to see who else might be interested.
    On tap will be SVS 25-31, Onkyo 595, and nOrh 4.0 speaker system (if they are delivered on schedule tomorrow).