What's new

WTB: Receiver for OTA HDTV signal...I don't use satellite (1 Viewer)

David Lange

Auditioning
I have an HDTV-ready monitor, and a couple stations in our town now broadcast HDTV signal. I want to receive and show that signal on my big Toshiba 65" RPTV.

I'm not real familiar with the hardware options out there, so please feel free to post recommendations.

Let me know what receivers you have for sale. Remember, my need will never be satellite with this box, just the OTA reception.

David

Mike_Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
David,

I have a Samsung SIR-T165 which is a GREAT OTA HDTV receiver. The tuner sensitivity is excellent. It has all the popular features, plus a Firewire port so that you can record HDTV on a compatible recorder. I'm looking to switch to satellite so this box is for sale. I have the original manual and remote. $400 and I'll ship it to you. Thanks.

Mike
[email protected]

Jon Gum

Stunt Coordinator
David -

If you are looking for a basic HDTV tuner, I can not say enough about the Samsung SIR-T151 (this predates the T165). It is essentially the same as the 165 without the DVI and Firewire outputs (which for display purposes is NOT necessary to view in 1080i or 720p). These outputs were added to be able to RECORD in HD. Viewing can be accomplished via the 151's component outputs.

Check them out on e-bay, a cheaper alternative to the 165 if you are only interested in displaying HD.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks