What's new

WTB: Radio Shack Analog Sound Pressure Level Meter (1 Viewer)

WarnerL

Agent
I live in Canada and the analog version of the Radio Shack SPL is not available up here. There is also none available to Canada on Ebay right now. Does anyone have a used one that they want to sell or would anyone be able to buy one new from their local Radio Shack (are they still available in the U.S.) and ship it up here.
Thanks.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
There are none in BC, Alberta or Saskatchewan. Darn it.
Doing a check for myself, I found at least 4 stores in Ontario that MAY have it. It came up on the search that the guy posted in reply to your other message. They search said that they had them in stock, but you know how much to trust computers. Until I physically hold the item in my hand, its not in stock as far as I'm concarned. But with 4 stores, there's a really good chance its somewhere here.
There's a chance that Radio Shack could send the item along from Ontario because I think the Intertan head office is in Barrie, Ontario. I used to work for Radio Shack like 10 years ago. Want me to inquire at a local Radio Shack if they'll send it to your closest Radio Shack store?
[Edited last by Chris PC on September 08, 2001 at 09:30 AM]

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I inquired at the local store and i'm not sure if its possible. The actual store that has the SPL meter would ship it to the Calgary store directly, but they might charge you the $7.00 courier fee.
I might be able to find some people I used to work for and see if they know a way to have an SPL meter from Ontario make its way out to a store in Calgary. Let me check into that.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Can't find any actually in stores! I'll keep checking but I can't make long distance phone calls.
Go to your local Radio Shack and ask them to search all Canadaian Radio Shacks for the thing.

WarnerL

Agent
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the looking so far. I inquired at a Radio Shack in Calgary. The sales guy said he could search all of Ontario in one shot and he found two stores in Toronto that had it but he also said that each store showed only one in stock which he said meant that they were open display models and may not be in the best of shape. He said they would courier items to Calgary if I wanted something from Ontario. Not so sure if I want the open display (demo) models available. In searching other stores in Canada, he said he could only search city by city instead of the province as a whole so he just picked major cities and came up with nothing. The price they are selling it for would be $29.99 which is a good price though. If you happen to find other stores in whatever province that have new boxed ones let me know.
I had forgotton that I actually have an aunt that lives in the USA in Ohio. She said that her local Radio Shack had them in stock (The Radio Shack guy here in Calgary said that he could not get items from Radio Shacks in the USA as it was actually a different company, go figure). My aunt says it is selling for $39.99 U.S. plus the Ohio 6% sales tax which would bring it to $42.39 U.S. which translates to about $66.55 Cdn. using a 1.57 conversion factor. Of course that doesn't include shipping which would probably bring the cost up to about seventy something Canadian plus it could possibly incur duty and GST taxes at the border. Can you believe the price differences for the exact same product? Maybe the demo models don't sound so bad after all. Now if you do get one for yourself don't go and start hoarding the other one also for yourself
wink.gif
Anyway, I'll have to decide what to do.
Talk to you later,
Warner

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Go to your Radio Shack and ask the saleperson again. Tell them its very important and ask if he can search each district across Canada until he finds one. I found one a while back, as I used to work at Radio Shack, but I had to have it sent to my local store. Having worked at Radio Shack 10 years ago, I only know to keep calling the store and make sure that they are actually checking with the other store to be sure they are sending it. Very frustrating. They don't realize that what we want is still out there. I'll search some more later. Its just that, when you search, which I hadn't even been aware of before I was looking for one for myself a few weeks ago, it only shows a computer in stock number. Even calling stores got me a "yeah, it shows one in stock, hold on I'll check.....................Nope, we don't have it." Arrrggh!
Anyways, like I said, I'll ask the store I deal with to search for another one, and then I can just pass the information on to you.
At least wait until you exhaust your seach of Canada. I think Radio Shack is willing to transfer product between stores, either very cheaply, or for free.
Good luck.

WarnerL

Agent
Hey Chris,
Thanks again for your efforts. I'm going to exhaust all my possibilities in Canada first before I look to the States. I'll go today and bug the sales guy in person to do the search. Before when I had talked to him, he said that if it was located in another store and I wanted it transferred to Calgary that I would have to pay to have it couriered over to Calgary (he said maybe $7 - $15 depending on weight). I guess I just have to find the store that has one first. I also assume all that is left is just demo models but that should be OK for the price I would pay compared to the U.S.
One other thing. When I checked Radio Shack's web site with that product locator link that that previous guy posted, I had found maybe 6 or 7 in Ontario cities but before when I asked the sales guy to check he said that there were only 2 left in Ontario. I guess the web site isn't as up to date.
Let me know what you find and I'll keep trying here.
Thanks,
Warner

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Well I'd take the demo without a thought. SO the unit has been sitting in an enclosed cabinet for a while!!! It still ha a FULL warranty on it.
I think it would be foolish to spend $80.00 to get a new pretty unit.
Brent L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks