What's new

WS Anamorphic Kindergarten Cop 9-18?! (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Great news!

But...

...if Twins and Kindergarten Cop share a single DVD, what's the third disc?

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
Looks like Best Buy has it on sale for $14.99 today. If you want it B&M, that's seems to be the best price. (Walmart, CC, FYE, and Target have it for a few bucks more). I'll probably head down to BB today to get it.

Otherwise if you want it online, deepdiscount.com has it for $14.23.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink

That still accounts for only two discs. What's on the third?

Disc 1: Twins/Kindergarten Cop
Disc 2: Junior
Disc 3: ????

Joel C

Screenwriter
Hopefully this points to a re-release of other Universal full frame titles. I know a lot of people want Timecop, but I'd love The Shadow.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Since it almost certainly will be a DVD-10 and not a DVD-18, there shouldn't be any issues

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Picked mine up at BJs Wholesale Club today for just $12.99!!! For those with memberships, you may want to check out your local BJs, Sam's Club, or Costco. :emoji_thumbsup:

The Candy collection was also $12.99 at BJs.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Nice caps, Joe! :emoji_thumbsup:

Interesting, though. It doesn't look like the FF version was P&S at all...but open matte. The widescreen transfer doesn't open up the horizontal field at all...but simply loses info at the top & bottom of the screen.

You certainly can see, though, that based on your screen caps the new transfer seems to supply much more detail. :emoji_thumbsup:

captainjoe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
True about the framing but it works a lot better for the film. There was too much empty space in the tops and bottoms leading me to believe this is the intended framing.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Haven't recieved the Arnie set yet, but I did recieve the John Candy set this morning and I'm happy to report that The Great Outdoors features it's first ever anamorphic transfer on DVD along with the two other titles in the set (Uncle Buck and Going Beserk).

The John Candy set is going for as little as $14 online, check it out here: http://dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=809522

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Great news! As I said in a previous post, I have the non-anamorphic version of "The Great Outdoors". I also own Uncle Buck but I'll definitely get this set regardless. Same with the Schwarzenegger set. Great stuff!

Bo_Darville

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bo
the good news is kindergarten cop is anamorphic ws.

the bad news is there is no chapter menu. in 2007.....a r1 dvd being released with no chapter menu. might as well go back to vhs.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Chapter menus are not a big deal for me personally, but I can see why others would think differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks