What's new

"WOW!" Moments, 2004 edition (1 Viewer)

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
Best moment for me in Revenge of the Sith was the montage of all the Jedi getting executed -perfect cinema, images and music, with shocking action. Fantastic!

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Dawn of the Dead: The introduction with the Johnny Cash Song (One of the best song for me now!)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: When Hermione return in time with Harry!

Phantom of the Opera: Like said before, when the chandelier was lifted and everything transformed to the opera house years before and the music swelled.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse: The Graveyard Scene

Series of Unfortunate Events, A: The Ouragan Scene

Shrek 2: The final race for entering in the castle

Spider-Man 2: The scene when unmasked Spidey is grabed by the train passagers.

Troy: When Achille kill the best warrior from the other side in the beginning!

Van Helsing: Ok, the movie was a deception, but I loved the car chase!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The thread-resurrector is back!

Alright. Old thread. Not even last years. Even when Tim tried to unsuccessfully use it for a 2005 movie, Patrick brought it back on course...over a year ago ;)

I wanted to add to it with a movie I really responded to in the theater, and it's just as affecting. Haven't seen it since it opened in early 2004, not until last night. But it's near and dear to me thanks to a few great scenes and awesome performances. It's definitely a love it or hate it film...but I love it.

Man on Fire -
Pita: I love you, Creasy. And you love me too, don't you?
Creasy: Yes, I do. With all my heart, Pita-girl.

Considering what has come, it's such an earned moment. My response to it is almost solely on the actors in the scene (both great), and Denzel's awesome work to that point.

Take care,
Chuck

P.S. There is an all-time thread as well for WOW! moments, linked in the first post. There is even a 2005 thread if you look for it. Just a heads up to newer members. Great stuff.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Glad to see I'm not alone with Man on Fire, Chuck. I agree with you 100%

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Glad to see somebody besides me loves Man on Fire. I'd have to point out the opening credit sequence, which is absolutely SOAKED in adrenaline. Bravura love-it or hate-it work from Tony Scott.

Regards,
Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks