What's new

Wow, Amazon.com is awesome!!! (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Amazon Prime has been very good to me since I signed up for it last year (although I had no idea the renewals were automatic). It's a great upgrade if you order a ton of stuff like I do but lately I've been experiencing shipment delays and "missed" deliveries. For instance, I ordered a copy of the Total Recall: Mind Bending Edition, which just streeted. Amazon gave me an estimated delivery date of August 16, which is ridiculous. And then my "Adventures in Babysitting" Blu missed it's targeted delivery, which was yesterday. Tracking it on the site, it says "Item has left facility August 5 and is in transit". That's great, but where is it? They used a local carrier that is usually reliable - checked the status again this morning - it's still in transit. If there's one thing I value more than anything, it's reliable, on-time delivery. Amazon isn't even the cheapest option, as I can find any Olive Blu-ray up to $10 cheaper on places like Importcds.com.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
cineMANIAC said:
Amazon Prime has been very good to me since I signed up for it last year (although I had no idea the renewals were automatic). It's a great upgrade if you order a ton of stuff like I do but lately I've been experiencing shipment delays and "missed" deliveries. For instance, I ordered a copy of the Total Recall: Mind Bending Edition, which just streeted. Amazon gave me an estimated delivery date of August 16, which is ridiculous. And then my "Adventures in Babysitting" Blu missed it's targeted delivery, which was yesterday. Tracking it on the site, it says "Item has left facility August 5 and is in transit". That's great, but where is it? They used a local carrier that is usually reliable - checked the status again this morning - it's still in transit. If there's one thing I value more than anything, it's reliable, on-time delivery. Amazon isn't even the cheapest option, as I can find any Olive Blu-ray up to $10 cheaper on places like Importcds.com.
Amazon Prime was great, I just didn't order enough to make it worthwhile and felt it was a bit of gimmicky up-sell to bring in cash. Didn't read the fine print and also had no idea about the automatic renewal, but they were very polite about it, refunded about 90% of the charge and removed Amazon Prime from my account when I complained.
I always try to support the little guy running his own business, but with the economy the way it is, their prices just make it foolish to spend money locally. Plus no film or book is that important that I need it instantly, I can wait a few days for shipment.
I'm not always that cheap, we have a local hardware store, that although a bit more expensive has fantastic service, you're literally being helped within about ten seconds to find the right part and actually get an explanation of how to solve problems (for example I had a basement drain I had to snake and couldn't do it, not until they explained the whole thing about cleanout openings that bypass the trap). Good luck ever getting that service at Lowe's or a Home Depot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.