What's new

Would You Buy A Series Out of Order? (1 Viewer)

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
I never would've thought I'd buy them out of order, but last year, I found deals on Star Trek TOS s2 & Batman TAS s1 & s3, leaving gaps that I still haven't filled. Beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to pick up those Star Trek TOS sets.

JiM T

Michael T

Grip
On shows like 24 or Lost (when season 2 eventually comes out) it's very important, but if it's a show like Futurama or Family Guy there's suck a disconnect between each show that it really doesn't matter.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Some shows that I missed before, I catch on sale and if just so happens that they are a different season, than I can not help it. Like with Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, I bought season 1 online, missed season 2's release, and found season on sale at a store. What happens is that I just wait to watch the further season until I am up to date.

Ryan

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I skipped season 4 of I Love Lucy, until I hear of any corrections. I went ahead and purchased season 5.

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
The Only 2 I have bought of order are MASH and the Simpsons.

The Simpsons Season 1 I got as a gift about 4 years ago.
Then when Season 6 cam out, Circuit City had a deal if you buy 6 and another seaon you got $10 off. They had season 5 & 6 on sale alos. So I got those 3 then. Then I decided to get 3,4 & 5 if I could find them for a good deal. I did, Amazon had them on sale and if you bought 3 & 4 together you got $4 off also.

MASH, I got S1-4 form Amazon a ways back because they had them packaged together for $90 with free shipping. Then I got 8 when it came out. Then I got 7 because my Wal-mart had it on clearance for $23. Then a while later my other wal-mart had a display of MASH Seasons for $23 and I got S6. I would have got 5 also but they didn't have any. So I decided to get 5 so I had them all(so far) and got it for $18 on EBAY.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
I've been buying Star Trek: Voyager out of order; I just get whichever one I can find cheapest on eBay at the moment.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
I tend to buy the expensive series out of order. Star Trek as I find them for a price i'll pay. I bought Season 4 of Profiler before the rest but haven't watched it yet (I'm missing season 3). Law and Order (because it was released that way). Other than that I try to buy in order, and I definately watch in order.

JohnAP

Second Unit
yeah, i started voyager with season 2. If it was a show i hadn't already seen all the episodes of, i would never do that, but for shows like that or buffy and angel, which i've seen most episodes multiple times, sometimes i just buy the season i feel like watching most.

that said, it is definitely best for studios to release shows in order, even anthology shows. I'm glad they decided to start releasing the new outer limits that way instead of the theme sets.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was about to post "Absolutley NOT!", but then I realized that the SCTV releases are out of order to an extant, so I guess I do and well buy out of order if that is how they are released.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I got Deep Space Nine out of order. Found a few good deals and jumped on them. But I did eventually pick up all 7 seasons and watched them in order. I don't care about the order they're purchased in as long as they're not watch in that order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks