What's new

Would you be a patient at the Grey's Anatomy hospital Seattle Grace? (1 Viewer)

gregeddie

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
This question is inspired by the story line in this season's premiere about Seattle Grace slipping as both a teaching hospital and a trauma center. If you were sick and had an emergency or chronic condition, would you want to be treated at Seattle Grace, and if so, which doctor or intern would you most like to be treated by and why?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't get treated there or County Ceneral or Chicago Hope or St. Eligus...

I would allow House to treat me though

gregeddie

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Right. That's fair. From a medical standpoint. Can't argue there.

But, what about this: if you were starting a medical residency, and could choose between the hospitals, would you want to put up with House's abuse, or Seattle Grace's convoluted but potentially entertaining social scene?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I stay with House, he'll just verbally abuse me. At Seattle grace an potential life threatening injury can occur.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Didn't Foreman and Cameron catch something nearly fatal in season one or two?

Meredith nearly died a few times of course, and Cristina just got impaled by an icicle, but it seems like you're much likely to die if you're a family member or loved one, not one of the residents/interns. In the meantime, you get to bang attractive co-workers. House's minions seem miserable.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Well, Chase and Cameron get to bang each other. Even if it's one of those relationships that forms out of a shared traumatic experience.

gregeddie

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
House's minions are miserable. On the other hand, being in a medical residency, if all these shows are to be believed, seems like it is inherently some combination of agony and exstasy. I think it may come down to a question of pace, and maybe which hospital cafeteria has better food. Seattle Grace seems livelier, no? You get out of residency with your life and sanity, you could probably write a memoir and retire. I think the chief on Grey's could take a page from House's playbook though. Tyranny inspires devotion. But yeah, to choose, I would need to get a read on the food service...Next episode of Grey's I'm going to see if I can get a feel for the grub.

gregeddie

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
I confess I don't watch House enough know for sure, but I think you're right.

My original question stands though, which is would you want to be a patient at Seattle Grace, and I think the comment about House is a useful one, because I actually think if you're a patient, despite the antics among the interns and doctors on Grey's Anatomy, the culture there is closer to what you would want the culture of a hospital to be.
There is an interesting study I've heard about that shows that people tend to sue doctors who they think are arrogant and dismissive (House) far, far more often than Doctors who are "likeable" (Grey's) Believe it or not there is no correlation with actual medical quality of the care as you'd normally think of it.
So even though Seattle Grace is slipping as a teaching hospital, and downgraded in their trauma rating, nevertheless you would probably leave there more satisfied than any of the other TV hospitals. Go figure.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
That does not rise to the level of fine prime-time soaps like Grey's, where they eventually go through every possible heterosexual combination of characters. If I recall correctly, Cristina is the only one that has had just one pairing, and by golly they're going to fix that this season.

gregeddie

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Of course they are going to fix that! The icicle thing was a metapor for cupid shooting her with the old 'love dart." --Enter rugged Army Doc stage left for some good clean primetime soapy sexy subplot-- I don't know enough about hollywood contracts, but isn't there something in actresses contracts that stipulates that if they don't have a soapy sexy subplot for more than six epidosed they are entitled to walk from a show?... Sandra Oh's no dummy. Hot new love interest means more screen time!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'd let Ellen Pompeo operate on me anytime.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

gregeddie

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Right! That's what I'm getting at! Or Katherine Heigl...Janina Gavankar is on the show this season, for example...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks