What's new

Would I hear a difference if I added an outlaw 755 to my Denon 3802? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Ja

Agent
I own Paradigm Monitor 7 speakers and I always find myself turning tje volume up to -5. But at -12 it sounds slightly better, not as much distortion. Would adding an amp help with this? Thanks.

Yogi

Screenwriter
Yes, I think it will. You seem to be driving the internal amps to the level of distortion. A 200W/ch external amp would certianly help in that case.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Patrick, you may want to look at your room layout before purchasing an amp. Your speakers are 93db sensitive which is very efficient. Your amp puts out 110w per channel, so you should be reaching some ear bleeding levels at 32-64w

1watt/1meter: 93db
32watt/1meter: 108db

What is your room layout like(eg size)? How far away from the speakers do you sit.

Kevin

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Well your speakers are probably at their maximum output , sounds like you need bigger speakers or add a bigger or more subwoofers then set your monitor 7s to small.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Patrick,

I think you just answered your question. Your room is large(sqft) and you sit 13ft away. Are you running only Monitor 7 or do you have rears and sub? I don't think your speakers are at maximum output as James says. I think its your receiver maybe straining a little, since your speakers are very sensitive and don't need alot of power. Adding an amp would give your speakers more headroom and should take away that strained sound. If your only sticking with 2ch then get your hands on a good high powered 2channel amp, say 300w+. Remember it takes doubling of the watt to get a 3d gain. Checkout this link for a db calculator. You may also want to look at how your room is layed out. Maybe some room treatment is needed.

http://www.myhometheater.homestead.c...alculator.html

Kevin

Yogi

Screenwriter
I dont think your speakers are giving up. Most floorstanders will play at ear bleeding levels before giving up (that is if you feed them undistorted power) and most will be able to reproduce transients that consume more than twice their rated power. If everything starts sounding jumbled up and collapsed at higher volumes then it is most probably your internal amps, so getting a separate 200W/ch amp will most definetly help in your case, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks