What's new

Would enjoy a TCM/Universal Claudette Colbert set (1 Viewer)

FrankXS

Second Unit
Just a thought....with The Uninvited and I Married a Witch coming from Criterion in the near future....I would enjoy seeing TCM/Universal put out a set of Claudette Colbert titles from her most productive period....Zaza...Arise My Love ..... Skylark.
These titles were directed by three of Hollywood's greatest....MItchell Leisen, Mark Sandrich and George Cukor.
Anyone out there think they would like to have a set like this ?

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
FrankXS said:
Just a thought....with The Uninvited and I Married a Witch coming from Criterion in the near future....I would enjoy seeing TCM/Universal put out a set of Claudette Colbert titles from her most productive period....Zaza...Arise My Love ..... Skylark.
These titles were directed by three of Hollywood's greatest....MItchell Leisen, Mark Sandrich and George Cukor.
Anyone out there think they would like to have a set like this ?
I would purchase such a set. They should also include the films Practically Yours with Fred MacMurray and Private Worlds, Colbert's second Oscar-nominated performance and co-starring Charles Boyer and Joel McCrea.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I'd be grabbing that baby up in a New York minute!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
There is a set coming in August - but it's not the set we've probably been hoping for. It's in a new line called "TCM Showcase" and will be released in August, but it's merely a re-package of "Cleopatra", "Midnight", "The Palm Beach Story" and "Imitation of Life".

Cover art and product link:

00455399-914607_catl_360.jpg

http://shop.tcm.com/detail.php?p=455399&SESSID=bf32b5c9abf55d7919c6fb7b23272d9f

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Mitchell Leisen was my great uncle, so I would love for some of his unavailable films to be released, especially in blu-ray format. My most desired BD release featuring Claudette Colbert, though, would have to be SIGN OF THE CROSS. The British CLEOPATRA BD was so gorgeous, I can only imagine what that one would look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks