Would a new cable improve sound?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Justin_D, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Justin_D

Justin_D Stunt Coordinator

I use my PC for audio primarily
    I have an Audigy Platinum hooked up to my home theater through a mini-to-rca cable that I got at Radioshack for $8

Would a nice one improve sound?
    If so, could I get some suggestions? I have looked, and all I see are the Monster ones, and I hate them...

2. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

Improvement? That depends on if the cable you are using has any problems now. If the cable you are using is a one piece design (no multiple adapters) and you are not experiencing any interference problems, then I would have to say that you aren't missing much over a "high end" cable. You could always experiment with a better cable since most retailers have a pretty liberal return policy.

Bill

3. Justin_D

Justin_D Stunt Coordinator

You could build me one and I'll review it for ya (looking @ your site) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :b [​IMG]

4. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Nothing like using a link to your home theater as a sneaky way of advertising your cables:)
    Guess if some people (Vince and DougW)can get away with it for so long then why not you. Much success to you and your cable business[​IMG]