What's new

Worst TV on DVD Peeves (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
forgetting to read the review on it and it tells you the print was as crappy as hell! case in point..."war of the worlds!" of course, didn't bother with the second and final season.

MattQuack

Agent
Real Name
Matt
I definitely have to agree with changing music, abandoning series.....it's all so frustrating.....

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I agree with every one of these. The sad thing is that the studios apparently don't care about the presentation, and this BS is turning into the rule not the exception.

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator

The Wire does it too, and it drives me crazy.

My other big pet peeve is how WB at least has dropped subtitles from most of their TV releases. The first one I noticed was the West Wing, either season 6 or 7. That show has such quick dialog sometimes that I occasionally wanted to go back and use subtitles to see what someone was saying, especially when someone spoke with a thick accent, but they were dropped.

The Homicide sets are another one that stick out as not having subtitles, even though that isn't WB.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Edited episodes has to be my biggest complaint. Theuse of syndicated cuts when the original can't be found or is damaged beyond repair, I can understand but blatant use of sydicated cuts just to be cheap or get it out quickly is not acceptable (ALF).

Shows being up and abandonded is another big gripe for me. It's becoming almost pointless to start new shows with the chance of never getting the rest of the series. I have tons of 'one and done' sets. It's such a disapointment when one of my favorite shows just up and stops.

Clay_E

Second Unit
In order:

1. Edited/altered episodes (whether it's syndication prints or replaced music)
2. Abandoned series
3. "Complete series" sets released after I buy all the seasons individually
4. No extras
5. No chapter stops / poorly done chapter stops

flaminio

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Flaminio
Abandoned shows. I don't even bother with season sets anymore -- why get started when the studio is just going to cut you off in the middle? I'll just wait until the series is completed, and then buy the inevitable full-series set, which is usually cheaper and includes extra features (M*A*S*H, for example).

Real Name
Michael Meil
1.When the disc says extras on it , you click and it tells you that its on a different disc- Every disc does that
2.double sided discs
3. When you realize the hour show you just watched was just 41-42 minutes
4.Previews at the beginning of the disc whether you forced to watch or not
5. Best of collections-then season sets come out
6.full series sets that promise additional extras after you bought every season
7.Paramounts pricing on all Star Trek sets, ripping off people even after all these years
8.Non Networks DVD's which always seem to be twice the price

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks