What's new

Worst Sub Box Ever? (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
The cabinet wood selection is just stunning! *NOT*

The whole thing is just amazing, amazingly bad.

What someone may think/find is cool, neat, awasome, etc to build, just blows me away.

What a waste of everything. :rolleyes

Nice find on how to do just about everything possible, very wrong.. :emoji_thumbsup:

SteveCallas

Second Unit
So that's what my sub is missing, a tweeter! I gotta wonder how that thing is wired up.

On a similar note, I once saw a sub enclosure built out of 2x4s screwed together to form a box at diyaudio.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Steve
I'd take the 2x4's (if done right), over that chip board anyday, but no tweeters please.. :D

Joey
Yugo boom box, like it, two perfect fits.
LMAO-ROF-LMAOAgain.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously tho:
Put a real 2500 watts to it and it would explode, melt down, or go up in smoke like those who likely built it.
Probably all of the above.

1-1 odds on that, best I can do.! :D

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this item earlier in it's listing and she spelled "woofer " wrong. In about 6 different places, it was spelled "wolfer".

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
$105.50 plus $35.00 shipping. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ya know.. I think I have some old scrap wood and some rotted out drivers someplace... hmmm...

Adam Demuth

Agent
Man, and I thought my temporary IB setup was bad (double stacked birch plywood screwed under floor under an unused return vent, wood grate over the whole mess) I guess it works fine and is stealth as can be, it's just that it's so crude.

Compared to this monstrosity, it's aged wine and fine cheese next to Maddog and Velvita

Jasen Chandler

Stunt Coordinator
You all laugh but that JL is a sweet driver, the other drivers are simply functioning as passive radiators and the magnet is missing off of the tweeter so it functions like an aerovent. That is actually 13 ply baltic birch with a new prototype "wafer board" laminate shell. The JL has been modified with a treo XXX motor so it can take 2400 watts all day long PMPO of course. . .not RMS.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter

I knew this girl in high school that told me and some other guys that her dad just bought an awesome "sulifer" for their stereo. Yeah, sulfer is good in an HT environment, alright. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks