What's new

Directors Worst movie draft! (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Ric, nice pick with Mission to Mars. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
I forgot all about that one, but it was indeed an awful film.

Cary T

Screenwriter
Came in time to select for myself. What's a bad movie list without a Rob Schneider movie.
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Next up:

Erik
Justin
Dome

For a list of films already selected, see my initial post in this thread. I'm updating it as we go along.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
The boring beyond belief stinker known as Exorcist II: The Heretic is my second pick. It's hard to believe a plot as bad and incomprehensible as that was ever approved and put on film.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
The movie so bad that it almost did the impossible... it almost gave the original a bad name. My pick is none other than PSYCHO (1998).

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Crow 2: City of Angels
- You know there's something wrong when I was only kidding when I said I would laugh out loud if some damn palm trees exploded. Sure enough, it happened.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Soul Man (1986) - If you've seen this, no explanation is necessary. If you haven't, none will suffice (but I envy you). Helped launch C. Thomas Howell's meteoric rise into Hollywood stardom.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Time for me to take some heat, as I know some of you love my next choice. Nevertheless, I consider it one of the worst movies ever made.

Picture if you will a high school English class with the assignment of writing a screenplay. A bunch of untrained high school kids look at their lives and write an incoherent soap opera with characters who are somewhere between zero and one-dimensional, who even they couldn't give a rat's ass about, spouting out insipid dialogue. Nauseating.

Now consider having to sit down and listen to two hours of some of the worst music ever made. Disco. (I've never used the vomiting smiley, but imagine it right here).

Now put them together and you have one of the most painful viewing experiences of my long life.

Saturday Night Fever

The only way this film could be any worse would be if they remade it with even worse music, rap. Shudder.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I figured "IMO" was unnecessary since this entire thread is almost all "opinion", and very little "fact".

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Yup, that is a key point, George. If ever a tourney was based on personal opinion, this is the one. BTW, I agree with you on SNF, though the soundtrack is fun at the right time and place (and if I'm drunk enough :) ).

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Well I figured "IMO" was unnecessary since this entire thread is almost all "opinion", and very little "fact".
In case you're not joking, I think everyone participating here would pretty much agree that all these films suck. :D

Here's what we have so far:

Armageddon
The Avengers (1998)
Batman & Robin
Battlefield Earth
Cimarron
Clueless
The Crow: City of Angels
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
fear dot com
Freddy Got Fingered
Glitter
Exorcist II: The Heretic
Godzilla (1998)
The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996)
I Spit on Your Grave
Jaws the Revenge
Mallrats
Mission to Mars
Psycho (1998)
Saturday Night Fever
Scent of a Woman
The Scorpion King
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Soul Man
Titanic
Tomb Raider
Vertical Limit

I've seen 13 of the films on that list. Of those, I would consider Titanic a good movie and the only one I would want to see again. Clueless, Saturday Night Fever, and Scent of a Woman were merely okay. I don't really care to see any of the others again. Of those I haven't seen, I don't really care to. :)

Rob, you're up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks