What's new

WORST FILMS OF 2005...anyone? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson

It's allright Tino. My friend also thinks I'm crazy and that Crash is the best movie of the year. We had a long debate about it that resulted in me watching the film again...which only solidified my opinion :)

For everything bad I say about it, I do think the film is worth seeing. It is a film ripe for discussion and the Matt Dillon storyline is half-decent. The rest of it however...

Thankfully, I see now at the end of the year that I'm not alone on this one.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I thought Bewitched was badly written chick flick trash. It betrayed what the TV show was and felt the need to say you can be in love if you're a emotional wreck (and you think jerks are emotional wrecks that can be loved).

Mr. And Mrs. Smith was the case of not focusing on the right story elements (which sounded like they were dropped during editing according to the audio commentaries).

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Incidentally, the inside word was that Mr & Mrs. Smith was such a mess that even the people on set had no idea what it was supposed to be, as it was being made. Seems they were kind of trying to figure out what formula they were following after shooting had already started.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Well, after looking at everyone's lists, I'd have to say that Alone in the Dark is by far the worst movie of 2005. I forgot all about seeing that until it was brought up.:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I liked Crash though.

Must Love Dogs was terrible.
Was Blade: Trinity a 2005 movie? If so, that's a close second to Alone in the Dark. In fact, I'm glad that my DVD was stolen!

Be Cool. I hate unfunny comedies.
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I think I fell victim to the trailer of this one, expecting a different film.

Definitely the Stealth marketing campaign that was brought up on page 1!

Kicking and Screaming. I'm starting to realize that I've never found Will Farrel funny.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

:)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Dark Water? :frowning: I absouletly loved that movie. Did you love the Ring, but hate Dark Water? I think we are polar opposites. heh.

- Crash? Another one that was in my top 20.

Update on my list. I am quite content. :)

Ryan

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

I would have to respectfully disagree with you there. I think he's a good actor. I enjoyed watching him in Boyz N the Hood, Friday, Three Kings, and Barbershop. Yes, he done crappy movies such as Torque, XXX 2, Are we there yet?, and Friday After Next.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Wow, much hate for Dukes of Hazzard. I love it and am a big fan of the TV show as well. The movie took bit of a different approach, but cracked me up, Simpson is ultra hot in it and it has some of the best stunt driving in quite some time.

There are far worst movies this year. The Ring 2, Be Cool and Bewitched cannot be topped.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

yeah. life is too short to waste 90-120 minutes (or more).

Kong, while by no means the worst film of this or any other year, does get top honours as Most Disappointing of 2005 for me.

Sin City
Revenge Of The Sith
Land Of The Dead
were the big piles-O-poo for me. I Saw Elektra theatrically and didn't dislike it near as much as those three.

still haven't seen F4, Mr & Mrs Smith, among others- most of which i won't ever go out of my way to see (bought F4, but waiting for the right mood to watch it)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Most disappointing for me was Elizabethtown. I liked it, but to me it feels like a minor Cameron Crowe movie.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The "Bewitched" movie was VILE. Every character there was a blithering idiot, not one joke was funny, the concept was so muddled it was like the worst parts of three bad movies: a bad romantic comedy, a bad satire, and a bad adaptation of a classic TV show, edited together into a criminally bad movie. I spent every moment of the film thanking God that almost no one from the original series was alive to witness this mess.

WadeLil

Stunt Coordinator
My worst would be

EMILY ROSE(walked out of)
AEON FLUX(struggled to stay awake)
NAPOLEON DYNAMITE(walked out of)

my favorite of the year would be CRASH as well.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
[SIZE= 140%]Worst Films of 2005[/SIZE]

Robert DeNiro is a legend and Dakota Fanning is perhaps the sharpest up-and-comer there is. So how is it that this half-baked horror film could fizzle this much?
Blame utterly pedestrian direction match with what just might be the laziest and most poorly written screenplay of the year.

It's one the great setups for character-based comedy: the domestic life of a mortal man and his spell-casting witch of a wife. Unfortunately, that's not this film.
Kidman and Ferrell have surprising chemistry in a film that utterly fails to live up to a speck of the promise that might entail.

[url=http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1475/2005bot023rp.gif] [/url]
Top notch cast, with an articulately written and plotted screenplay. I think it's these elements that make me despise this film all the more.
Almost certainly the most depressing film of the year, it is a dark comedy about shallow people that left me out in the cold.

Far and away the worst movie of the year, it runs neck in neck with Ron Howard's Grinch update as the most empty and soulless movie I've ever seen.
I laughed constantly but I didn't feel good leaving the theatre. I saw the film for free and I still feel like it cost me too much.
- ADAM LENHARDT

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sure, in service of a greater whole. That's what I found so utterly missing in The Weather Man. Well-made craft in a vacuum. Atleast with the Dukes of Hazzards of the world, their not wasting this kind of talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks