What's new

World Poker Tour Season 3 (1 Viewer)

James_S

Second Unit
Patrick - I agree. David basically made one mistake with his Q7 off suit and that spelled disaster.I am glad Daniel finally won a WPT event.
He is one of the nice guys.

Next up: Grand Prix de Paris

Not including the Hollywood Home game on Sunday. Includes:

Mark Walberg (The Big Date, Joe millionaire)
Bob Eubanks (The Newlywed Game)
Michelle Clunie (Queer as Folk)
Michael Vartan (Alias)
Eric Palladino (Joan of Arcadia, ER)
David Sutcliffe (Gilmore Girls)

They all start out with 250K each

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Hollywood Home Game was surprisingly amazing to watch as Sutcliffe whizzed away a big chip lead and then got so lucky numerous time facing elimination going heads-up, but somehow eeked out the win over Michelle Clunie.

Palladino was riding high on that bluff wave for a while, but finally got put out of his misery.

James_S

Second Unit
Patrick, I missed the Hollywood Home Game I forgot about it.
sounds like I missed a go show.

Tonight's Episode:
WPT Grand Prix de Paris

Seat 1: Surrinder Sunar $ 202,000
Seat 2: Tony G $ 442,000
Seat 3: Dave Colclough $ 338,000
Seat 4: Peter Roche $ 615,000
Seat 5: James Overman $ 358,000
Seat 6: Ben Roberts $ 99,000

Time for the weird 10K plate chips. Well don't know what to say about this one, except look out for Tony G., the man is very brash and cocky and likes to get his chips into the pot no matter what kinda of hand he has.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw Tony G on last season's Paris edition, and he was the same way, so annoying. I'm glad his style bit him in the butt, though.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I absolutely hate Tony G but I do in some ways respect him for his attitude in that "it's only a game". I bet the guy is not as brash in RL as we think he acts at times.

James_S

Second Unit
Doyle Brunson North American Poker Championship

Seat 1: Carlos Mortensen $2,523,000
Seat 2: Thang Pham $ 608,100
Seat 3: John Juanda $ 723,000
Seat 4: Hung La $ 815,000
Seat 5: David Pham $ 486,000
Seat 6: Erik Seidel $1,081,000

Should be another good one. With Carlos being the chip leader starting out it will be interesting if he holds onto his chip lead, he plays very aggresive and likes to get his chips in the pot. The second stack Eric Seidel he is one that plays very tight and I am picking him as my winner. Look out though for 5 time WPT finalist John Juanda, I don't know what it is about him, I like him as a player.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The commercial for this evening's game was hilarious. I've seen it like 20 times, and it still elicits a laugh out of me.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
As we saw, Carlos won the Poker open.

This week we saw the Poker Open in Aruba where we had an interesting final table.

I'm sorta going for Juanda but he just can't seem to get any luck. I was somewhat giggling when Matusow mocked the others when he won on a miracle draw yet lost on the same type of miracle draw.

Lane Flack played to win and should have but a miracle draw on 4th street buried him. In the end, the brother of the Costa Rican champ won and took down 2 opponents with his pocket ducks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Holy bad beat, Batman! You had to feel for Layne Flack for that beatdown (though I don't much care for the guy's playing style, even seeing his vignette on losing his heart didn't quite enamor me to him any more than before). OUCH!

Matusow deserves whatever beatdown he gets on the poker table. I don't know who I'd root for in a showdown between Matusow and Josh Arieh.

Now, Shana was looking nice in the bikini's...

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Shana was looking nice.

Yeah, I can't stand Matusow or Arieh either.

Funny thing was when Flack had A9 and Matusow had A8, and an ace came on the turn, Matusow some how rationalized that Layne beat him on a two outter...

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
Just caught up with the WPT Grand Prix De Paris episode... IIRC, Tony G had Howard Lederer - who came in 7th and just missed the final table - on tilt in season 1 of WPT and gave Howard the "it's only a game, I don't mean it personally" farewell. The most annoying aspect of his chatter is that he keeps it up even when he's not in a pot.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
A couple of weeks ago I was praising John Juanda's game, but the play he made last night wasn't too bright.

How about a final table with Tony G, Arieh and Matusow, each trying to get under the others' skin. :)

It was funny how they had the "Aruba Bikini Team" on display and Shana put them all to shame.

Rob

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You have to have Phil Hellmuth at that table as well (a better "bad boy" table than the one I saw a couple of weeks ago on the Sunday edition of the WPT, probably a repeat).

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Marcel Luske would be good at that table. You know the guy that wears his hat upside down and glasses upside down. He's from Amsterdam and was featured alot on the World Series Tournaments.

James_S

Second Unit
Sorry about not updating last week I was playing in a tourney.

Here is the line-up for tonight:

Foxwoods World Poker Finals

Seat 1: Bradley Berman $1,705,000
Seat 2: Temperance Hutter $ 964,000
Seat 3: David Pham $ 323,000
Seat 4: Humberto Brenes $1,159,000
Seat 5: JC Tran $1,205,000
Seat 6: Tuan Le $1,376,000

Well can the brothers do it back to back. Humberto Brenes brother Erick, as you know won last week in Aruba. He is my pick this week.

James_S

Second Unit
Man that was a pretty good final table. Tuan Le was playing pretty agressive, but when you have the cards and the chip stack you can do it. Felt bad for Bradley with pocket kings and getting knock out with an Ace on the river and then later Humbeto also getting knock out on the river.

Next week I will be in Vegas for the WPT Final Championship Tourney and I will try and give an update don't want to spoil it, The final table will be on the 24th and the championship starts on the 18th. Show date will be June 29th. I will try and give out next weeks final table info. Includes some great players.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks