What's new

Working the Engels (NBC) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This is a Canadian import that NBC co-produced as cheap summer programming. It stars Tony award winner Andrea Martin as the matriarch of a woefully dysfunctional family that is brought together by the crushing debt left behind by their late husband/father.I checked it out because Kacey Rohl, who was brilliant on "Hannibal", also stars as the sole successful child who is taking over her late father's law firm. She's very good here in a role similar to Allison Miller's on "Go On": the sane person designated to react to the craziness going on around her.The other two siblings, low level convict Jimmy (played by Benjamin Arthur) and born again reformed addict Sandy (played by Azura Skye), are far too broadly played in the pilot.All in all, it's perfect summer programming for me; it wouldn't make the cut during the regular season, but it's a fun diverting half hour when there's not much on.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I watched it (along with Welcome To Sweden). It was barely OK.

Certainly better than the WTS. I may give it another week (not so for the WTS).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I loved it.Andrea Martin is still as funny as ever.Her bit in the open had me laughing hard."Can I offer you like a bottle of scotch?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks