What's new

Woody Allen Miramax releases, will we ever see anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I've been getting into Allen lately and want to at least get all his movies where he was nominated from screenplay and/or directing. Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of "Bullets over Broadway" and "Mighty Aphrodite" getting reissued with anamorphic transfers? And also why has MGM released almost all of his DVD anamorphic, but still no anamorphic Annie Hall? Any plans? Its annoying that Disney has the only or few non-anamorphic DVD's for two of the best directors of the last 40 years or so: Woody Allen, and Martin Scorsese. Just found out that Scorsese is in the spell check. I always mistakenly spell it "Scorcese". Well done HTF! Anyway I''m also waiting fro Kundun and The Color of Money.

Jace_A

Second Unit
If you have a PAL capable player and tV, all these titles are anamoprhic in R2 UK).

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I don't. Hard to believe that they can't give a decent DVD release her in the states. Well, since I haven't received much of a response I'm guessing nothing is in the works. I hope I'm wrong.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

Woody Allen doesn't seem to care too much about DVD. He could probably put together an amazing batch of special editions (or at least authorize someone to make them).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks